Thursday, December 18, 2014

wood burned ornaments

If you follow my blog you will know how much I LOVE WOOD BURNING! It is such a creative and unique process that transforms a piece of wood into art. Every Christmas I end up making wood burned projects for gifts and this year I wanted to make ornaments that could double as a present topper.

Most craft stores like Michaels and Jo-Ann Fabric have all kinds of balsa wood shapes and forms (typically made for simple craft projects) but I love using these shapes for wood burning- they are thin and the wood is soft which make burning easy. 

I drilled a hole in the top and added a string

The perfect little handmade holiday gift!


Wood burning projects make wonderful handmade gifts! Check out all of my wood burning projects below.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails