Friday, February 14, 2014

fashion friday- wood rings

You've gotta know by now that I LOVE finding ways to use natural materials in my creative projects! A while back I made rings out of rocks and now I've come up with a few different ways to transform wood into unique rings.

When it comes to materials I wanted to keep it as simple as possible so that I could really hold onto the natural look and feel of the wood. While you could use paint or stain, I kept it simple and used my wood burning tool to add embellishments to the wood.

DRIFTWOOD: I used some of my favorite pieces from my driftwood collection. The driftwood alone is beautiful so I kept it plain and simple and glued the wood to a ring back.

CHUNKS OF BRANCHES: I used a thick branch and cut it into slices, removed the bark and then whittled the edges down with a knife. Last, I used my wood burning tool to add some simple dots and lines.

WOOD COINS: You can find wood coins (or wood medallions) at craft stores. I used my wood burning tool to add pretty little designs. 

Note: Sealing wood with a light coating of polyurethane will protect the wood from wear and tear.



UPDATE: Wood burned rings are now available in my shop HERE

11 comments:

BellaKarma said...

Wow, Alisa, I'm totally trippin' on these! My parents had several woodworking businesses YEARS ago, so I'm always intrigued when I see something so intricate and innovative made with wood nowadays. Plus, I totally love big rings. :D

stephanie.h.n. said...

I love them all, especially the driftwood ones.

Elisabetta Brustio said...

belliiiiiii! Li voglio tutti!!!!
Wonderful!!!!!! I want them all!!!!!!

pelasia said...

These rings are great. I've seen something that I thought about when I'v seen them. Also wood rings but different, interesting way to make them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfwTyEPXJs8

Nancy said...

Love how you always share your latest creative musings! You always keep it fresh and its amazing to see how you make the most out of simple tools! Thanks for all the inspiration. Best wishes, Nancy

Magda said...

I like them very much. Just stunning!

Unknown said...

everything you do shows love

Anonymous said...

Your imagination is so boundless! The love the driftwood rings the most.

Anonymous said...

oooh baby, those driftwood rings are calling my name. Awesome ideas, as usual. = )

Mayalen said...

que boniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitooooooooooooooo!!!!

ThisPrettyNest.com said...

These are so cool. And the wood coins – what a creative way to wear your art!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails