Friday, February 14, 2014

fashion friday- wood rings

You've gotta know by now that I LOVE finding ways to use natural materials in my creative projects! A while back I made rings out of rocks and now I've come up with a few different ways to transform wood into unique rings.

When it comes to materials I wanted to keep it as simple as possible so that I could really hold onto the natural look and feel of the wood. While you could use paint or stain, I kept it simple and used my wood burning tool to add embellishments to the wood.

DRIFTWOOD: I used some of my favorite pieces from my driftwood collection. The driftwood alone is beautiful so I kept it plain and simple and glued the wood to a ring back.

CHUNKS OF BRANCHES: I used a thick branch and cut it into slices, removed the bark and then whittled the edges down with a knife. Last, I used my wood burning tool to add some simple dots and lines.

WOOD COINS: You can find wood coins (or wood medallions) at craft stores. I used my wood burning tool to add pretty little designs. 

Note: Sealing wood with a light coating of polyurethane will protect the wood from wear and tear.



UPDATE: Wood burned rings are now available in my shop HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails