Monday, December 09, 2013

wood burned boxes


By now you must know that I love wood burning and since it's the holidays I wanted to come up with a way incorporate wood burning into a simple but beautiful gift idea.

After finding some really affordable balsa wood boxes at my local craft store I used my wood burning tool to burn designs into them. 

I filled the entire surface with pattern.

While back I dedicated a post to wood burning tips and techniques- you can read about it HERE 


The result is a beautiful little box that can be a gift or even used as gift wrapping!



Looking for more wood burning projects or gift ideas? Check out some of my other posts:



P.S. I sold out of all my hand carved stamp sets in 1 day so I carved up one more batch for the holidays. Get em' while you can HERE

16 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

Alisa, that is SOOOO cool. Love them. Makes me want to try it.

jabbott said...

Beyond pretty well done x

mergie said...

Very pretty boxes. How long did it take you to do the first one?

Unknown said...

Alisa your wood burning boxes are so cute!

I just tried buying your hand carved stamp sets but at checkout it said you don't ship to Canada! So disappointing! :(

Urmili

A Sunny Yellow Window said...

Classic... Loved em!

Sandi Keene said...

These are so beautiful! What a wonderful gift they would make. Wow!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

such BEAUTIES and i can smell them ;)!

Kimi said...

Awesome! Just what I need for a made gift. And THANK YOU for your free online class! YOU Rock!

Shannon P said...

Beautiful! I have so enjoyed all of your wood burning posts, I really need to invest in a kit so I can start making my own!

Kolein said...

These are so gorgeous!!! LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

you r amazing! it is so beautiful!

Jo Murray said...

You are a talented girl Alisa....and busy. Lucky recipients of those beautiful boxes. Merry Christmas!

Vicki Miller said...

My husband is a wiz with wood, especially turning and sometimes makes boxes. But- he also does woodburning, he calls them burnt stick etchings, but I can see how this might give him a bitof inspiration! thanks

Anonymous said...

... Just gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

Hello Alisa!
Those boxes are so stunning beautiful. I just started an own wood burning project. But I'm still far away from your talent :D
Maybe you habe some tips for me for improvement? http://www.kathleen-palnau.de/201501/erster-versuch-mit-dem-brennkolben-individuelle-brettchen-fuer-mama-papa/

Kathleen ♥

Unknown said...

So amazing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails