Wednesday, December 04, 2013

pom pom garland

Every year I like to come up with a handmade garland for our tree and this year I wanted to make something really colorful, fun and kid friendly. I decided on a pom pom garland (but I didn't have the time to make my own pom poms or the budget to buy felt pom poms) so I grabbed lots of bags of colorful pom poms from the craft store and got to work!


Using a needle and thread I strung the pom poms onto the thread until I had a really, REALLY long garland.

(I knew the project was a success when I realized Lucy ran off with a stash of pom poms!)

The result is a really colorful (and funky) garland that compliments our collection of ornaments. Now its time to decorate...

10 comments:

Giggles said...

So much fun making colorful memories!! I love it!

Hugs Giggles

Angela said...

I love all the different sized poms - how fun! I wish I had made something like this (maybe I still should) - the garland i bought ended up being way too short for the tree.

Anonymous said...

Pom pom garland is a must on our tree!! I made strings and strings of it years ago and now it doesn't feel like Christmas until I take it out :)

halohill.blogspot.com said...

Awesome, Alisa! I'm loving your wreath wall too! What a great inspiration you always are. :)

Sheila

Unknown said...

I always pass this colorful bag of pom pom goodness at the craft store wanting them but never knowing what to do with them. This is perfect! Now I get to grab that bag and make something really cute!

Jo Murray said...

That's such a fabulous idea!!!! Delish.

Unknown said...

The photo with your reflection in the ornament is awesome! I wanted to make pompoms and do a garland but this would be much easier! ;-)

studioGypsy said...

lovelovelove!! xo

livethegoldenrule said...

Oh yeah! Love the pom-poms!! ;D

Babs said...

I'm not surprised Lucy ran off with your pom poms. I used to keep a big box of pom poms around when my children were younger - just for playing. It's amazing how much fun they are! DD is now 8 and still occasionally takes them out to play with. Of course, you'll be finding pom poms everywhere after . . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails