Thursday, December 05, 2013

stampin FUN!

This just in...I've got limited quantities of hand carved stamp sets in the shop- HERE
They always sell out fast so get them while you can!


And speaking of stamps, did you know that stamping is one of the easiest ways to create handmade wrapping paper, tags or even cards? Yep, with the holidays here it's time to start thinking about wrapping gifts. Since I haven't purchased wrapping paper in over 15 years (I always make my own). I've gathered a few of my favorite stamping ideas to get you inspired to get you stamping this holiday season!

Rolling pins are a great everyday supply that can be used to create pattern on a surface. You can glue just about anything to the surface of a rolling pin and then load it with paint and roll it across the surface for fast pattern! 
Check out a tutorial HERE


Erasers are some the easiest (and cheapest) materials to carve into stamps! Simply use a carving chisel or even an exacto knife to carve pattern into the surface.


As I have mentioned in previous posts, I like to use ANYTHING round as a stamp to create pattern and repetition on my surface. Cups, pen caps, cookie cutters and jar lids are all everyday things can be used as round stamps!


Cardboard rolls might be my favorite supply for stamping because they are so versatile! You can bend them into shapes, turn them into rolling pins, glue texture to the surface and the best part is that they are free! Check out a tutorial HERE


Believe it or not you can actually create stamps with hot glue (or any heavy duty glue) by drawing with the glue onto the surface or cardboard, craft foam or any durable surface. Ink it up just like a normal stamp and while you won't get a perfect imprint, you will get some really interesting texture and pattern.



Just about any fruit or vegetable can be used as a stamp. Cut things open and make use of the natural shape or carve up the surface to create something unique!

9 comments:

maria f. said...

Make cranberry relish every year at Thanksgiving. Whoddathunk that they were so graphically pretty inside?!?!

A Be-atriz said...

I love a lot your blog and your creativity!!
Check my last post**
http://fashionglamour-beatriz.blogspot.pt/
xx

Sydney said...

Such lovely ideas. I love the "anything round" and the use of vegetables. Your layers add so much dimension to all of your work. I've been toying with making my own stamps for years now, it's time to jump on board. Thanks for the push!

studioGypsy said...

magical! as always!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Bellissimi!!!

Stargirl said...

I love all your stamps. In fact I think I now own all your stamps.
I am so enjoying stamping feathers right now. Your doodle stamps were the first ones I bought and man the possibilities are endless with those. Thank you always for sharing so much on your lovely blog.
Happy Holidays.

Debra Kapellakis said...

Thank you for sharing those endless stamping ideas!

artisoo said...

beatutiful print!! how creative!

Unknown said...

This article is truly good! I will using such solutions because I like this kind of tips which gives pretty fast result.

check it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails