Friday, September 13, 2013

fashion friday- twig earrings

I love challenging myself to get creative with simple supplies and recently, after clearing branches and brush from our backyard, I was suddenly inspired (inspiration always comes upon me in unexpected moments) to create some unique post earrings from twigs and branches.

I selected a couple of twigs and using a hand saw I sliced off small rounds.



Then I used my beloved wood burning tool to burn simple designs into the surface. 
Not gonna lie this was REALLY time consuming because the pieces were so small!

Last I used a little bit of epoxy to attach metal posts to the back of the twigs.

The result- super unique stud earring for a gal who would rather wear twigs than diamonds (thats me!)


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails