Friday, December 05, 2014

fashion friday- marbleized bangles

There are so many ways to turn a plain wooden bangle into something really unique- one of my favorite ways it marbleizing with spray paint. 

I like to start by painting the bracelets a solid color- this color will be the background for the marble effect.

I shared THIS marbleizing with spray paint technique a couple years ago and it works great on a variety of surfaces:

Start with a bucket of water.

Lightly spray the top of the water with spray paint- I've found that a light mist works best.

Let colors blend and swirl together.

Next, lightly skim the surface with the bracelet. The surface of the bracelet will pick up spray paint.

Repeat until the entire surface is filled.

TIPS:

Spray paint dries fast, even in water so you have to work quickly.

I have found that different brands and colors work a little different so you might need to do a few tests before diving in. I like working with Rust-Oleum spray paint and metallic colors are the most forgiving.


11 comments:

Efrosini means joy said...

Beautiful work!!! Thank you for the tip!!!

Donna B said...

I love these Alisa! Where to you buy the wooden bangels? Michaels maybe?
Donna.

Unknown said...

I adore these, Wonderful I'm Gonna give it a go Thanks for sharing :)

Jen xo said...

absolutely beautiful....

Jo Murray said...

Great gift idea...thanks Alisa.

Brig said...

Fantastic!

Sarah Marie said...

Gorgeous! I just LOVE your blog. My art has taken a backseat lately, and you never cease to inspire me. Your blog is so phenomenally original. Happy holidays, btw ;)

studioGypsy said...

just gorgeous!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I like this project!
The blue one is a STUNNING bangle!!!

Stephanie said...

Great project! Where do you buy the bangles??? Thanks.

CraftyHope said...

What a really neat technique! I've heard of floating paint on wet surfaces to marbleize before, but never with spray paint. I might have to dip into my stash and see what I've got to try this out. Thanks so much for sharing it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails