Now that November has arrived the countdown to the holidays has begun and I have all kinds of ideas, projects and inspiration to share throughout the next two months! First up a quick and simple way to marbleize with spray paint.
1. Start with a bucket or vessel large enough to fit your paper (I used large sheets of watercolor paper). Fill with about 2-3 inches of water.
2. Using spray paint, mist the surface of the water (FYI- this should be done outside with lots of ventilation or while wearing a mask).
3. Add more color to the surface of the water.
4. Let the colors blend together, shake the bucket to break color up or even use a stir stick to create swirls and designs.
5. Place paper onto the surface of the water and quickly remove (I find that using a more absorbent paper like watercolor or card stock works best). Spray paint, even on the surface of water dries quickly so you have to work fast!
6. The result is a colorful, fast drying piece of marbleized paper to use in all kinds of DIY projects.