Tuesday, November 10, 2015

handmade clay stamps


Coming from a pottery family, I've witnessed all kinds of interesting ways to work with clay. One of my favorite little tricks is using everyday things to create unique textures. You can take this concept even farther and create once of a kind stamps to use in clay projects.


I like to gather random things from around the house- legos, jewelry, buttons, legos, basically anything that makes an imprint will work.
You can use just about any clay, I used Fimo Soft Polymer Clay. I started by rolling my clay into a small cylinder.

Next, I used my everyday things (my favorite was one of Lucy's hair clips) and pressed them into the clay. I used each side of the cylinder so my stamp would have two sides.

I baked my clay stamps according to the directions on the package.

Then they are ready to use! Stamp them into any kind of clay to create interesting texture and imprints 

Check out a few ways that I use stamps in my clay projects:

9 comments:

mrs spring of hope said...

I just want to say thank you thank you for your blog classes every thing, I love you sooo much please don't stop

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is so pretty idea! looking awesome :)

Jaanika Malenšek said...

Love your blog and especially how you inspire people :)

Anonymous said...

You should win a Oscar for best blog.... :) (from other side of ocean)

viel-krempel said...

I can use this with my kids - lovely idea.
Annette

Stephanie said...

What a great idea! Thanks.

Julie Arthur // alonewithmytea.com said...

You could use it with a wax seal? So cute!

hdrapetis said...

Thank you! this is a great idea! Evanthia

Piano Tiles 2 said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails