Wednesday, December 11, 2013

black and white wrapping paper


As I have mentioned in the past, I never buy wrapping paper- in fact, it has been over 15 years since I purchased a roll of wrapping paper from the store! Instead, it has become a holiday tradition for me to make my own and over the years I have come up with all kinds of really fun, easy and FAST ways to create one of a kind wrapping. While black and white is not the first color combo you think of at the holidays, it is a really graphic and dynamic scheme especially for wrapping.

I always keep a couple of rolls of butcher paper on hand (especially during the holidays). You can find my favorite black butcher paper HERE it has a nice glossy finish that looks like traditional wrapping paper. 

Anything white will work on the surface- acrylic paint, paint pens, correction pens, 3-D paint, etc.

If you have the time filling the surface with pattern is a beautiful way to create artistic wrapping paper. I like to use a paint pen and simply draw all over the surface filling all of the space.


If you don't have lots of time using paint and simple marks or even stamping is a fast and effective way to fill the surface.


The result is really BOLD, dynamic and one of a kind wrapping that is certain to add a handmade touch to any gift!


check out more wrapping inspiration!


10 comments:

changesofheart said...

Looks very bold & striking. Love it!

Unknown said...

şahane,şahane,şahane,şahane,şahane:)))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

It is really stunning and I am inpressed~15 years without buying paper? wow
~Dawn

Unknown said...

great idea. i had never seen the black paper before. i use brown packaging paper to wrap our presents and then have the kids draw all over them.

Moois van mie said...

I find it to beautifull to use as wrapping paper because wrapping papar usually ends with the garbage !

Debra Kapellakis said...

It stands out. I like it.

Jo Murray said...

Now THAT's an inspiring project.

Unknown said...

everything u do is awesomeness

kreacaro said...

oh so great the present paper really goog idea. will make this too....

Daire said...

I loved this tutorial! I've linked back to you on my 'festive inspiration' post :) http://doingittheopenway.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/festive-inspiration/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails