Wednesday, January 21, 2015

office statement wall

While I have a great studio space where I host classes and work on all kinds of creative (and messy) projects, my home office is actually where a lot of the magic happens for me. And by magic, I mean hours upon hours spent in front of a computer screen editing photos, writing and editing video and online class content. At this point in my life I really love working from home but sitting in an office, in front of a computer can feel anything BUT inspiring so I am always changing things up to keep things feeling more creative and less office-like. So with the new year, I got busy cleaning and organizing my office. Just as I was finishing up, I felt like there was something missing and I got that familiar hankering to paint a wall- you know how I love to paint a wall!

I knew right away that I wanted to paint a mandala inspired design. A mandala is actually really easy to create because it is simply a series of repeating designs in a circle. I don't get too crazy with measuring things out, I just start with a circle (I usually trace something round) and then go for it! 

When I am painting a wall with a lot of pattern and line work I like to use acrylic paint mixed with a little bit of water. 

Since our walls have texture on them it keeps things from lines being really clean and perfect but I just work go ahead and embrace it.


I kept building and building the embellishments until the entires section of the wall was filled.

The wall adds just the perfect amount of creativity (for me) and my work space and the best part is that it's just paint! When or if I ever want a change I can paint over it!


27 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is amazing my dear..love it

Jamie Morton said...

You're so talented and creative. The wall looks perfect. Great way to break the daily routine. :)
Clapham carpet cleaning company

Van alle seizoenen said...

Wow!!!!

Patricia said...

Beautiful blue painting!!!

Lauren Douglas Creative said...

Such a beautiful idea! I've been wanting to do something on one of our walls as a big statement piece... All of your wall art is so inspiring!

Janie Husband said...

I think it is beautiful.....❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

Ooh, it's great! Your daughter looks so big!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous, as usual! Love it !!

Michelle P said...

It's beautiful!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

A REAL work of ART!

Sabrina said...

This is soo beautiful, unfortunately i can't draw at all.
Greetings from Stubaital Neustift :-)

studioGypsy said...

beautifulbeautifulbeautiful...and matches that gorgeous velvet chair perfectly! :D xoxo

Virginia said...

It looks amazing as always!

duoMAMA said...

wow! you make me wanna do it myself, and I'm far away from being an artist. it looks amazing. thx for sharing.

I'm Sara. said...

Sigh…this is just dreamy and amazing. I wonder if I could ever convince my husband to let me paint on the wall? :)

Sue A said...

Truly gorgeous! You are so talented. And I love that green chair!

Barb said...

Creativity and talent at its very best. Simply beautiful!!!!
Barb
NC

Mayalen said...

marvellouss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank four your beautiful works and for show us

gobarb26 said...

I really love it! Almost like a Zendala®.

Helmi said...

Beautiful!

codydollartist said...

WOW!!! It's stunning. That's where I would create if I could.

Kiara said...

fabulous!!!!!!

swaggy said...

I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks
office cleaning

elton tian said...

Fantastic idea! I love it. I got try this idea in my office. I bet my employees will love that a lot! Retail cleaning services melbourne

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us. My pleasure to being here on your blog





Happy New Year 2019 Vintage Images

Happy new year

whatsapp and facebook 2018 message


Download New Year Images 2018 in

Full HD



Best New Year WhatsApp & Facebook Messages

Download

latest HD Desktop Wallpapers for Happy new year 2018

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great post. This is really helpful for me. Also, see
download anymod apk

SGHomeNeeds said...

Wow you are really good at this! Thanks for sharing your art:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails