Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Last Minute Recycled Place Card Tutorial


Can you believe that Thanksgiving is only two days away?! While I am not entertaining for the weekend this does mark the beginning a month full of cooking and entertaining for me! A simple set of handmade place cards is the perfect way to personalize your holidays table!

Here is a simple, quick, easy and recycled project for creating place cards for entertaining!

Start with a recycled cereal or food box.


Cover the surface with paint (two colors) blend lightly on the surface- I picked a fall palette.
Please note I am using Claudine Hellmuth's fabulous Studio Line acrylic paint- LOVE all the colors!!!!


Once you surface is dry, use stamps to add pattern (use a contrasting color that will pop!)


Use a permanent marker to quickly outline the stamped images for more contrast and dimension.


Add one more layer of stamps in another contrasting color.


Once your cardboard is dry, cut into desired shapes and sizes.


Add a piece of paper or fabric- I am using (once again) one of my most favorite supplies- Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Line Sticky Back Canvas.


Cut out strips to fit on the folded place card.



Attach the strips to the surface of the place card- I simple peeled off the back and stuck them to the surface!


Instead of using a pen, try using watered down black paint for pretty lettering on each of the cards.

The result is personal, colorful and handmade place cards for your holiday table!




8 comments:

shannon said...

these are so cool. i've been loving recycling in new ways with my paints. thanks for the idea! happy thanksgiving.

jgr said...

Totally cool! It makes me want to have a party!!
Thank you for the inspiration-as always.

claudine hellmuth said...

love this Alisa as always! I tweeted and facebooked and will blog it after the holiday!! thank you!

Apple said...

Really cute idea!!

risa said...

Wonderful idea...wish I had seen it earlier...I'm so busy cooking today, no time for art...but that's what the rest of the weekend is for! ;)

Unknown said...

sticky back canvas? I havn't tried them, what a great idea :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa, Just discovered your blog, awesome! Love the tutorials, and the wow leaves. Want more! Many thanks for the inspiration. From Australia Peggie

di said...

Obviously your talent is far beyond the average person.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails