Thursday, October 08, 2009

This is Jack


This is Jack- the stray kitten (now senior cat) that followed me home twelve years ago and he immediately melted my heart and I had to give him a home- adopted straight off the streets of Portland, Oregon. Up until meeting young Jack, I never considered myself "an animal person" let alone a cat person but this guy really changed my life and has been my sidekick through IT ALL! Now that I am working from home I have found much of my conversations are with Jack and throughout each day I share ideas with him, take candid photos when he is not looking and chase him off my husbands pillows before I make the bed (like this morning). I have resisted blogging about Jack for a while, I did not want to be viewed as a crazy cat lady but I can't resist it any longer- Jack is such a HUGE part of my daily life and it is time for me to declare that my name is Alisa Burke and I have been for a very long time... a closet, crazy cat lady! So now that I have come clean and have my secret out in the open you may be seeing more of Jack on my blog and maybe even in my art- after all, he is my muse :)


To celebrate Jack's appearance on my blog I would like to encourage artists out there to check out A Place to Bark website for an opportunity to help raise funds via art auction to finish their shelter!

11 comments:

Jess said...

Aw Jack is adorable. :D

Theartistsnest said...

He is very cute and a close twin to my sister's cat!

*jean* said...

oo cat people will get you for sure! we have a delightful rescue cat named polly, we have 6 or 7 nicknames for her and we laugh at her daily....she's such good medicine for life!!

your kitty is gorgeous!

anna maria said...

So glad you introduced Jack to us. He's very handsome! My dogs, and even other people's dogs often make appearances in my blog.

jane eileen said...

Can't wait to hear more about Jack!

Elena Maria said...

Well, I am a crazy dog lady (3 of 'em at the moment) so I get what you're saying.

Jack is very regal in his portrait. It almost looks like you drew eyebrows and whiskers on him with a fine white marker. Adorable!

Di said...

I am another crazy cat lady LOL
I have 2 gorgeous persian cat. Jack is also gorgeous and I think he should be wearing a crown.............a kings crown!!!!
Di

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of a confessed Pet Lover!
I couldn't live without my sidekick even though he is 92 lbs and likes to chew/eat anything on the floor of my studio.

Sue Berry said...

Glad to hear that Jack is earning his keep as your muse - unfortunately none of my FIVE rescue cats are in the least bit interested in working for a living! I'm really enjoying reading Canvas Remix and desperately tracking down supplies - I'll get there in the end! Sue (crazy cat woman in the UK)

sonja said...

I believe i have jacks uncle living with me, uncle pee wee, aka he who must be obeyed!they are so similar in color coat marking right down to the chin. oh that chinny chin chin!! though he is now 17 and not the prince of neatness as in younger years,uncle PW still is the boss of us! i can hear him looking at me when food is on this mind!

jgr said...

Thank you for showing us Jack, he is very handsome! Yes, cat people do "get you" as Jean said. I am a total cat lover, our little Mocha is my constant companion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails