Friday, December 10, 2010

jeweled gloves tutorial

IMG_3758
I am noticing a trend this winter- jeweled gloves.


g
From JCrew to Valentino to Anthrolopologie everyone seems to be making gloves full of "bling". I love the trend but lets be honest, am I really going to spend well over $100 (at least) for gloves?!?! Yeah right! In my opinion this may be the easiest trend to replicate at home on a budget.



f-1
I started with a pair of chenille gloves for $4.99 but your could use just about anything- wool, leather, etc.

And acrylic jewels that have holes in them for sewing- but again lots of things could work- beads, sequins, crystals, etc.


IMG_5120



IMG_5121
I then hand sewed the jewels to the surface. This takes time and patience and the more patience you have the more you can embellish.



Untitled-1

If you don't have patience there are a number of adhesive products that will also work and speed things up.


will all work for embellishing the surface.


IMG_3742
The result is a really pretty set of fancy gloves.


gloves
I couldn't resist making another pair with all kinds of colorful beads for a different look.


IMG_38042
And there you have it- a pair of fashion forward gloves- perfect for a holiday party, night out on the town or even a handmade gift. So much better than spending $100!

14 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

Very fun...and economical too - great idea!

Jan

Marty Mason said...

You are good!! Thanks.

Nelly said...

Super fun and sparkly! Love 'em.

twobutterflies said...

I love this idea - love the bright, colorful ones you made also.

Lisa Rydin Erickson said...

Love them!

Melanie Jade said...

So cute! I love the bright turquoise ones especially!

Belle said...

Fantastic! I love your ideas.

Emerson Bindery said...

Very nice, your gloves are fabulous! That reminds me...I have some vintage gloves with bling tucked away somewhere...I'll have to dig them out so I can be hip this winter while I'm trying not to freeze!!

Anonymous said...

You're a marvel. Really loved the cranberry blog yesterday. Such great imagination.
Smiles, Andra

Heather Foust said...

oooh I like a little bling on my gloves. On anything as a matter of fact.

Createology said...

Bling Brilliant. How very clever and smart of you. Happy embellishing...

Rika said...

Wonderful Idea!

Aubree said...

I love this idea! I am totally trying it!

The Tote Trove said...

Absolutely lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails