Friday, December 17, 2010

holiday hair band tutorial

IMG_3940
Tis the season for holiday parties and events and if you are like me that means pulling together last minute outfits and holiday accessories (that do not include yoga pants and paint stained t-shirts)! Why not make your own hair accessories to top off a festive outfit. An easy option is to take a little time to make your own holiday hair band- super simple to make and costs next to NOTHING!


IMG_3891
Remember those rolled roses that I love to make out of scraps of fabric ? Well once again they are perfect to make for hair accessories and there are all kinds of pretty holiday ribbon at stores right now that is perfect to use.


IMG_3892
Using ribbon, knot and roll into a flower (my is tutorial here).


IMG_3895
I created three flowers in different sizes.


IMG_5370
Next, I used sparkly beads and filled the inside of the flowers with my favorite glue- Liquid Fusion.


IMG_5375
After the beads have dried, use thin stretchy elastic, measure your head and cut to size.
Sew the ends of the elastic together.
The last step is to glue the flowers to the surface of the elastic band.


IMG_5381


IMG_3917
You can wear the band to the side, with short hair or long hair, in a pony tail or up do.


IMG_5389
Use different colors of ribbon and beads.


IMG_5385
Or keep it simple with all white.


IMG_3948
p.s. they even make a great last minute gift!


36 comments:

.ankara düşleri. said...

all of them are excellent !

Alison said...

I just love reading your posts. Your talent never ceases to amaze me, and I just love this tutorial. I wonder if I am too old to wear a hair band with roses on it?......

Teodo said...

Wonderful, fantastic.
ciao ciao

Carrie @carrieloves said...

I just found your blog and I am so loving everything on it - especially this tutorial.

Iris (Irideeën) said...

That looks so festive!

Thelma-Art said...

Look so wonderful, I will try immediately. I love your blog.

Jana said...

Perfect timing! Have a formal holiday party tomorrow evening, and was wondering what to do w/my short hair... Think I'll make your ribbon roses and attach to one of those thin headbands...maybe cover the headband w/ribbon first... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Serena Lewis said...

Beautiful head bands....thanks for the great tutorial!

Caleen said...

Great festive last minute gift.. You always come up with creative ideas. You are amazing. Happy Holidays to you and yours :)

longredthread said...

I'd say very Blair (Woldorf from Gossip Girl :)

brlracincwgrl said...

Those are gorgeous! I love them!

Bonita Rose said...

These are absolutely fabulous! Wow.. love love them... gonna hv to find that glue!

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

love this!!

Jenny said...

Beautiful way to add some bling to hair. I tried to click on the tutorial link you provided, and got an error - bummer! This would be so great for a Christmas Party I'm going to tomorrow night...

Sarah Julius Design is... said...

Egads those are adorable!! I usually have no umph to attempt DYIs but I may just have to attempt this. Beautiful creation Alisa :)

K Soucy said...

These are so beautiful. I love. :)

Vicki said...

these are so pretty! I made up two of my own today, and they turned out great!

Moois van mie said...

very pretty!!!!

Barb Smith said...

Because of health issues, I have very, very little hair so I look a bit boyish these days, and these would be so cute and make me feel so much more feminine than I do right now. Thanks so much for a great idea and the steps to make them.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

I'm such a headband/ flowers in my hair girl---love this tutorial! I'm doing this over the break with my girls. Thank you, Alisa!

Heading up north for the holidays? The weather is just hideous up here ;)

Kirsten said...

Lovely! Can't wait to make some!

Anna M. said...

lovely!!! I can't wait to try to make some :) thank you!

Helly Helena said...

your hair is wonderful!! both style and colour..

Teddi said...

gorgeous!

Teddi said...

my friend, mom n law, & i totally made these. super cute & super fun! i did use some as a last min xmas gift ;)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this is totally gorgeous! thank you for the tutorial!!

Carrie
http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

lunefantasy said...

it's really cute, I love.
Thanks a lot for this tutorial

amandasweddingshoppe.blogspot.com said...

I love this!!!
This Tutorial is all over Pinterest too :)
Thanks

Jami said...

I LOVE the simplicity of the style :D I was wondering... is there anyway you could do a tutorial on how you do your hair in this super voluminous up do? I just cant seem to get any volume at all, and this is just what I want! :D thanks so much for the tutorial on the band :D

Anny - Makeup Routine said...

lovely! I'm gonna try doing some cute headbands like these!

Alyssa W said...

I love these! So cute. And I loved that I didn't have to pull out the hot glue gun and the sewing machine to make them.

kate said...

I love the ribbon flowers!!

Ruthie said...

Hi, I am looking for something easy and inexpensive to give away at our event. I am an ovarian cancer survivor and our color is "Teal". What if any would you suggest that fits this??? Many thanks. Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this information its really nice.
how to apply clip hair extensions

Lace Front Wig said...

Awesome! This is what I call creativity.
I am so glad I came across this.

Unknown said...

cute..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails