Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Recycled Wreath Tutorial


My love and passion for toilet paper rolls is soaring to new heights this week! I have been filming and creating non stop for my Haute Holidays online class the last couple of days and this means I am in full holiday mode and trying to find new ideas and projects to share! And this also means finding new and different ways to put toilet paper rolls to use! (I promise my next tutorial will not involve anything related to toilet paper!)

Today, I had the bright idea to make a non traditional wreath from cut up cardboard rolls.




Start by cutting the cardboard rolls into sections- varying in width.



Line up the sections into a circle- this could be small (even ornament size) medium or even really large!


Glue each section together and start forming the shape of the wreath.



Once the wreath is complete, begin to make small circled from the rolls or even from cardboard boxes- roll strips up into a circle.


Add smaller circles to the inside of the larger ones


Build up your wreath with as many circles as possible.
Once you are satisfied hang it on the wall!!
(Optional- paint it, give it a layer of gloss, add a bow, add cardboard shapes!)
I ended up painted my wreath black to match my living room decor!




18 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

This is like a modern day version of quilling. I'd enjoy this wreath year round. Thanks for the fun idea. I've been collecting toilet rolls not realizing what I would use them for. This is the second project in 24 hours that I've seen using toilet rolls -- I think it is a sign! Thanks for sharing this.

LR said...

now i know exactly what project i will do with my 2 year old. thank you for the tutorial.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Ooh I love this! I can't wait to make one. I'll be linking as well. i jsut love your projects!

3XMom said...

so great! Cannot wait to try this, thanks!

Creative Craft Ideas said...

Wow, this is such a cute idea! I love that you can spray it any color you want and make it match anything, and it wouldn't cost a dime! So cute...LOVE IT!

Anne

Vashti said...

awesome idea...now i will have to start collecting rolls! Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

That wreath is REALLY cool. Ingenious!!

martha brown said...

This is wonderful -- I'm going to try one with my kindergarten students!

brianna said...

Perfect! We are so into toilet paper rolls right now, it's not even funny. :)

Lauren said...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this tutorial, the idea is very versatile! I think I'll do a few of these in different sizes for a grouping...

mspat said...

Circles are so what it is all about,
so many philosophical thoughts. I love circles. Wonderful application.

✿ n0ra ✿ said...

Love this so much!!! Gonna do it for mom's living room... Thanx

Crystal said...

brilliant.

Christi_scrapsalot said...

I just happened to come across your blog today. I love it! I am trying this toilet paper wreath first!

Unknown said...

i love everything you make.this is what i made from paper rolls. http://bisozozo.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-first-artwork.html. (hope you like it!).keep up the fantastic work!

paper tubes said...

very well written and organized tutorials…its indeed a great help for beginners like me to keep up the interest and at the same time learn this important subject.
Paper Core

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing.

lilybets said...

Please let me tell you that you have such talent!A great transformation to have something nice!
Please visit my web site if you like,you are welcome!
www.maltacraftsvillage.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails