Tuesday, November 23, 2010

last minute felt leaves centerpiece

IMG_2703
I needed some last minute decorations for the weekend and while it would have been really easy to just make a trip to Target, I decided to put more of my felt scraps to use to make a colorful, free form, felt leaves centerpiece for our table.


IMG_3230
I started with a variety of different colors of felt


IMG_3232
and cut them into different leaves in variety of shapes and sizes.


IMG_3234
I stacked the leaves on top of each other and began free motion sewing them together and adding details as I went.

IMG_3235

IMG_3237
I continued to stack, layer and sew until I formed a free form "mass" of colorful leaves.


IMG_2698


IMG_2710


IMG_2694
I will be putting my centerpiece to use this weekend!


IMG_2695


IMG_2676

16 comments:

Merissa said...

I love how colorful you made this!! And it's like drawing with a sewing machine - sounds like fun!

iHanna said...

Beautiful leaves, great tut as always. Now, I want a sweater with those on too! ;-)

Atlanta said...

How cute!!

Unknown said...

Love this idea, great way to make use of felt and what a colorful centerpiece. Usually they are more autumn colors. Love the change.

Createology said...

Homemade is always better than store bought and you really made a beautiful centerpiece. Happy Thanksgiving...

Anonymous said...

I love this.....so colorful and home made....you are one of the most creative people.....

Samie said...

Absolutely beautiful, darling! I'm still a beginner with the stitching, though, so I shall practice!

Belle said...

It looks so wonderful. Love the idea and the colors.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That is gorgeous! What a great idea... love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this! Especially the fun, bright colors!

martinealison said...

Cela pourrait être très beau aussi pour un set de table... Couleurs généreuses, comme j'aime.
Bisous

Lotte Frodighed said...

Beautiful!!! :-)

gelinotte said...

I love it!

whyducks said...

Glorious

Ariadne said...

This is so beautiful and you make it look so easy to make!Ariadne from Greece!

aystyle said...

i love it. beautiful idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails