Friday, November 05, 2010

peanut butter and jelly cookies

IMG_4170

My husband LOVES peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (his comfort food) and one of his favorite sweet treats that I make are PB & J cookies. They are simple and a fun twist on classic flavors.


IMG_4135

Lately my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe is from Martha Stewart-

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda


Mix sugars, butter, peanut butter together

Add egg and vanilla and mix well

Add flour and baking soda and mix everything together.



IMG_4143

Next, scoop out dough and roll into balls.



IMG_4136

Press down the dough ball onto a cookie sheet and with your thumb poke a hole in the middle.


IMG_4137


1


Use you favorite jam and fill each hole.


IMG_4174

Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. I made my cookies small and baked for around 9 minutes.


IMG_2618

Let cool and pile onto a plate.


IMG_2622

Serve with a cold glass of milk.


IMG_2624

Going,


IMG_2627

going,


IMG_2630

going,


IMG_2632

GONE!

14 comments:

Marty Mason said...

These look so yummy...thanks for sharing your pictures and recipe.

Nelly said...

YUM! Anything with peanut butter in it make my mouth water!

Unknown said...

Oooh...those look so yummy that I had to share them on my blog, too! :) Thanks for the recipe!

Detexo tejidos artesanales- Karina Sala said...

Delicious.! thanks for the recipe,
Hugs from Argentina♥

lee said...

you made me want to go and make these cookies now...they look tasty

Claire Kiefer said...

That is so clever! I wouldn't have thought of it, but what a natural combo. I bet they're delicious.

Giggles said...

Yummy! Great idea adding the jam! Love peanut butter cookies, this makes them even better!

Unknown said...

ooo - my son's favorite is pb&j. i am totally going to make these for him this weekend - thanks!

Penny said...

Good to the last crumb. We call those "Thumb Prints" in my family.
Yummy

tracey said...

oooooh, instant craving alert! What a fab cookie idea! My Dad used to make thumb print cookies, filling the tops with jelly like yours, but I dont think he ever made peanut butter thumbprint cookies. I would NOT have forgotton that......gots to go fulfil
the cookie cravings now. Making note of ths recipe, thanks!

Ariadne said...

I am already asked to make them!Ariadne from Greece!

LEFTZ said...

Those look amazing

Luloveshandmade said...

Oh, these look soo delicious, I wish I could try them. :)

Kirsten said...

Thanks for the recipe!
They don't just look delicious, they are delicious!
How can I know...!??? ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails