Tuesday, November 16, 2010

cranberry carmel apple crisp

IMG_4507

With Thanksgiving right around the corner (is this really true?!) I have been practicing some of my favorite recipes and this one is TRULY one of my faves! I LOVE a fruit crisp and to be honest, while I love pie, I could eat an entire fruit crisp all by myself. This recipe is not healthy and is oh so sinfully sweet- a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or even the day after.


IMG_2919
Start by cutting up 3 apples



IMG_2921
Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a pan


IMG_2923
Add the apples to the melted butter and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes.


IMG_2924
Add 1 can of cranberry sauce


IMG_2925
and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon


Untitled-1
and the kicker...1/4 cup of carmel sauce or spread.
Mix everything together and let simmer for a couple of minutes.


IMG_4493
Transfer the mixture to a pan.


IMG_2933
To make the crust mix-

1/2 cup of steel cut oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of flour


IMG_2935
Mix 2-3 tablespoons of butter and mix until it crumbles


IMG_2938
and spread over the fruit.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

IMG_2941
Drizzle carmel over the top of the crisp.


IMG_4513

IMG_4508
Serve with ice cream and enjoy every single bite :)


IMG_4514


22 comments:

the cardigan-inn said...

my kids are looking over my shoulder right now and are saying that I HAVE to make this.
Looks yummy. Thanks!
Love, from Holland

Anita Van Hal said...

OMG! This looks SO good! Thanks for sharing your recipes with us! I'm going to have to make this for Thanksgiving or Christmas...or both!!! Hugs!

Gabriela H. said...

It looks delicious!!! Do you know that the "dulce de leche" is an invention from my country Argentina? Here you find it EVERYWHERE!! Yummy!!!

Marty Mason said...

I've forgotten how to spell sIn, so this should be a great dessert dish for my Thanksgiving table. Thanks for sharing your sinfully delicious delights!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy I came to your blog this morning as I've been trying to decide what dessert to make for a Thanksgiving Dinner I"m going to tomorrow...This will be perfect...thanks so much for sharing...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear...hugs, Bevie

Rachel M said...

delicious! :)

Lynn Cohen said...

My teeth are aching looking at this! LOL Nummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya said...

oh yeah!! I know you posted this just for me!! I am SO making this!

marilyn said...

I gained 5 lbs. just looking at the pictures.....yum

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Wow! You had me at 'cranberry!' This looks just too good not to be a new holiday dessert. Thanks so much.

Sharon-SkiesArt said...

Now that my taste buds are watering, I might have to get some cranberries today. Delightful
thank you

Joan Princing Art said...

Now...this is MY kinda dessert. Yummy and very EASY to fix! Can't wait to try this. Thanx for sharing.
Have a fun day.
Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

Joan Princing Art said...

Alisa,
I just finished typing out this recipe...have a ?...do you butter the baking dish before adding all the ingredients so that while it is baking it doesn't stick? Or is there no need? Please let me know.
Thank you.
Joan

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO there! Yummmmm.

Createology said...

This is sooo my kind of food and it looks super yummy. Shall I bring the tea? Thank you for sharing the recipe and very easy to follow photos. Yummy...

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Uhhhh Yummmm! My God I know exactly what to make for desert now!

Leora Platte said...

I've got mine in the oven now. Thanks for such good visuals.

Brooke S. Rochon said...

I too loves me the crisp. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Gabyta said...

Hi I'm from the land of Dulce de Leche. Here, we put Dulce de Leche at all, fill the cakes for birthdays, we spread on toast for breakfast, eat candy, it's part of our life, day by day.
Your blog is very good!
kiss and hugs!

Gabyta said...

I'm from Argentina, obviously :)

Betty said...

made your a.c.c.c. for dessert today and it was a great hit. a keeper!

joyabbott said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails