Tuesday, October 17, 2017

butterfly pumpkins

I've been painting pumpkins during the fall for a very long time- so long that I kinda consider myself a pioneer of pumpkin painting! Back in 2010 my pretty painted pumpkins tutorial went viral and since then it has become a yearly tradition of mine to come up with a variety of unique pumpkin tutorials with the hope to inspire others to push the boundaries with creativity and a pumpkin! I've got a few fun ideas coming your way in the weeks ahead and today I am kicking off the season with some whimsical butterfly pumpkins. I hope this inspires you to get creative with your fall decorating!

When I paint pumpkins, I typically begin with a good thick coat of acrylic paint.

Next, I created butterfly wings from some heavy cardstock
I painted a simple body and then I glued the wings to the pumpkin.



Looking for more pumpkin decorating inspiration? 

You can read all about what I call "the art of decorating a pumpkin" HERE

OR 

Check out all of my different pumpkin decorating tutorials below!







2 comments:

Barb said...

Lucy is getting so big. Time flies. She is a cutie.
Barb
Charlotte, NC

Aidel Knaidel said...

Beautiful! It's the best kind of surprise every year

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails