Tuesday, September 24, 2013

painted owl pumpkins

Fall is here and for the last few years I have a tradition of coming up with a variety of unique pumpkin tutorials for my readers! I like to use pumpkins in my fall decorating and since I am not a big fan of traditional carved pumpkins, I challenge myself to get as creative as possible with all kinds of supplies.

This year I am kicking things off with some really cute and creative painted owl pumpkins.

I started by drawing a simple outline of an owl.
I used a light colored, non permanent marker that I could paint over.
Using acrylic paint I filled my outline with paint.
The last step was to use a variety of permanent paint pens and markers to add all kinds of details.



For more pumpkin ideas here is a run down of all the pumpkins tutorials over the years. Its been so much fun creating with such simple materials and I can't wait for to share more ideas!


Here is run down of all the pumpkins tutorials over the years. Its been a blast getting creative with such a simple materials and I can't wait for more fun with pumpkins next year!

1. black and white pumpkins 2. finger painted pumpkins 3. pattern pumpkins 4. geometric pumpkins 5.sketchbook pumpkins 6. messy pumpkins 7. pretty painted pumpkins 8. beach pumpkins 


36 comments:

CreativaCale said...

Divno si se setila.Sova je preslatrka.Uradicu jednu sebi.:))

livethegoldenrule said...

Oh Yeah!!!! I always look forward to these ;D These are just too cute! There is no way I could pick a favorite. Every year the list just grows. God has really blessed you with your talent. <3

doro K. said...

they're great. nice idea, but above all: great work - all those details. fabulous!!

best wishes, ♥, doro

Preeti Dubey said...

very creative !

Joan Princing Art said...

AWESOME! Always look forward to seeing how you paint the pumpkins each year!!

These owls are adorable!

Nesrin said...

Oh my God, these are super cute!

Effie said...

Fabulous.....

stefanie stark said...

Your painted owl pumpkins are WONDERFUL!!! I was really delighted when I visited your blog today! Such a beautiful surprise!

Elisabetta Brustio said...

Really beautiful and original!Always inspire me with your ideas!

Anya@SAS-does said...

Love your pumpkin owls, Alisa, and your previous tutorials are amazing as well. I think #7 is my favorite .. after the owls, of course!

Patrice said...

LOVE these!!!

Pamela Joy Purses said...

Love it!!

jinxxxygirl said...

Cute pumpkins but i like my Halloween dark and spooky ........

Cindi Myers said...

Last year your pumpkins inspired me to paint my own as my dog and my cat!
I love your work and your blog!
This year I might need to do owls to color coordinate with my front steps that I'm painting!
Thanks for always being fabulous!

Skye Rae said...

I always love your painted pumpkins! I think these are my favorites so far! I will have to paint a couple with my daughter. She loves owls!

Melanie said...

Just love them :) thanks for sharing.
Liefs, Melanie

Juliette said...

I love all these pumpkins! Your owls are amazing! Thank you for sharing :)

studioGypsy said...

just the cooolest whoots ever!! :)

Unknown said...

Outstanding!

Terri said...

Adorable! They are so unique, and eye-catching and festive without screaming traditional Halloween. They tell a new story, which is why I love them so much.

Marianne said...

wow - I just love the pumpkins! What a fantastic idea...

Marianne said...

wow - I just love the pumpkins! What a fantastic idea...

Carrie said...

I love your owl pumpkins! They are beautifully colored and detailed, and not too "halloween-ish".

Jane Wetzel said...

You always amaze me Alisa and this is no exception..look forward to your post every day :)

Mary said...

So Gorgeous! You are always inspiring! I may have to try a version of your owl pumpkins. :)

**Anne** said...

Your owl pumpkins are gorgeous.
Anne xx

Theresa said...

Awesome pumpkins. Hard to pick a favorite. thanks as always for sharing.

Unknown said...


Facebook is the Most popular Website in the World and you can make unlimited income with Just Facebook Posting Program.
Genuines Works of Data Entry, Facebook Posting, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans.

kelly barton said...

holy cow these are adorable!

Amber said...

Super cute idea! These owl pumpkins are gorgeous!

Jules Means said...

Oh.My.Golum. These are fantastic!!!! Wow

Eszter/SubRosa said...

beautiful pumpkins, congrats♥

jjindp said...

absolutely incredible these are so gorgeous, love them

Unknown said...

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love the pumpkins. They are colorful and fun.

Anonymous said...

very nice! TY for the share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails