Tuesday, September 24, 2013

painted owl pumpkins

Fall is here and for the last few years I have a tradition of coming up with a variety of unique pumpkin tutorials for my readers! I like to use pumpkins in my fall decorating and since I am not a big fan of traditional carved pumpkins, I challenge myself to get as creative as possible with all kinds of supplies.

This year I am kicking things off with some really cute and creative painted owl pumpkins.

I started by drawing a simple outline of an owl.
I used a light colored, non permanent marker that I could paint over.
Using acrylic paint I filled my outline with paint.
The last step was to use a variety of permanent paint pens and markers to add all kinds of details.



For more pumpkin ideas here is a run down of all the pumpkins tutorials over the years. Its been so much fun creating with such simple materials and I can't wait for to share more ideas!


Here is run down of all the pumpkins tutorials over the years. Its been a blast getting creative with such a simple materials and I can't wait for more fun with pumpkins next year!

1. black and white pumpkins 2. finger painted pumpkins 3. pattern pumpkins 4. geometric pumpkins 5.sketchbook pumpkins 6. messy pumpkins 7. pretty painted pumpkins 8. beach pumpkins 


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails