Monday, October 03, 2016

floral pumpkins

I've been painting pumpkins during the fall for a very long time- so long that I kinda consider myself a pioneer of pumpkin painting! Back in 2010 my pretty painted pumpkins tutorial went viral and since then it has become a yearly tradition of mine to come up with a variety of unique pumpkin tutorials with the hope to inspire others to push the boundaries with creativity and a pumpkin! I've got a few fun ideas coming your way in the weeks ahead and today I am kicking off the season with some floral pumpkins 

While I love fall colors and themes, I wanted to come up with some really pretty, pale and floral pumpkins.

I started by painting my pumpkins white. Keep in mind you can use real pumpkins or you can also use fake pumpkins for this project

I grabbed a handful of fake flowers from the 99 cent store and then I spray painted them with a few layers of pale pink and white.

When the flowers dried, I used a hot glue gun and glued the flowers along the top of my pumpkins.


Last, I used different shades of grey to paint leaves and vines coming down the pumpkin.

The results are pretty floral pumpkins that would be fun to use as decoration, a centerpiece  in a fall wedding, a baby shower or even in home decor that is light and airy!


Looking for more pumpkin decorating inspiration? 

You can read all about what I call "the art of decorating a pumpkin" HERE

OR 

check out all of the different pumpkin decorating tutorials below!











LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails