Wednesday, January 15, 2014

rustic valentines


If you are a regular around here you will know that I love using simple supplies in my projects and I love using anything from nature (especially branches). So I decided to put a fun and rustic twist on traditional valentines!
1. I started by gathering branches and cut them into chunky sections. 2. Next I carved the bark away. 3, 4. Then I used my wood burning tool to burn designs into the wood.


5. I used recycled grocery bags and cut hearts out. 6. I added a a few embellishments with a white paint pen. 7. Last I glued those hearts onto twigs and placed them into the branches. 




15 comments:

stefanie stark said...

Ooohhhh ... these rustic valentines are enchanting!!!!

An_Geli_Ka said...

so easy...so nice ;-))

Nicole said...

Wow! This diy inspires me so much..... thanks! ; )

Lovely Idea

Luisa said...

Absolutely cute!

Dita Maulani said...

Loooveee! The decor lasts forever and it is eco-friendly! Thank you very much for this idea! I'll share to my readers and link back to this post ;)

Dita
www.handmadenest.blogspot.com

astr!d said...

i love this!!! i can see these on my mantle!!! now if i can squeeze some time to make them!

Joan of LLD and ART is A Rhapsody Treasure said...

I agree! These are so very enchanting! Love that they are so unique and made from nature!

Crooked Coop Farm said...

How fun! I will have to try this I am always looking to add more nature into my art and house. Thanks!

Magda lena said...

Stunning! I love it ;)
Greetings from Poland :)

CeCe said...

So origianl and adorable. Love this one!

Vicki said...

super cute!!! Too bad I already got rid of my Christmas tree... This would be a great way for it to "keep on givin'" :o) All the best to you!

obat herbal sipilis said...

good information and very useful

Amy* said...

Alisa these are absolutely gorgeous! They are so full of fun and whimsy...I'm in Love with this project

Amy*

Autumn May Dale said...

Cool gift ideas. I love it and I also want to try to make something like that this Valentines day. Thanks for sharing.


Denise Stain said...

These are wonderful! Just pinned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails