Thursday, January 30, 2014

garlic ginger wings

 
  With the Super Bowl this weekend I thought it would be to share one of my husband Andy's delicious recipes for wings. He is a master at making oven baked wings in variety of different flavors. My favorite are his garlic ginger wings. They are crispy, a little spicy and CRAZY yummy!
    
INGREDIENTS
    
    Wings:
    1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken wings, cut at joint, no tips
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Sriracha to taste (I use 1 to 2 tablespoons, depending on who's eating them)
    Around 1 tablespoon peanut oil

    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
    Line a baking sheet with foil and grease foil with non-stick cooking spray
    Place chicken wings in large mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, sriracha and peanut oil
    Stir mixture so the wings are coated
    Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes
    Turn wings and return to oven. Cook until crispy for another 20 minutes


   Glaze:
    2-3 finely chopped garlic cloves
   1-1.5 inch chunk of fresh ginger root, minced
   1 tablespoon Sambal (or preferred type of chile pepper sauce)
   1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
   1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
   1 tablespoon of soy sauce


    Whisk together ingredients and bring mixture to a boil.  Immediately remove from heat.
     Place wings into a large mixing bowl.  
    Pour desired amount of the glaze over the wings and toss. 
    Use extra sauce for dipping.
    Transfer to plate and let wings sit for approx. 5 min for the sauce to absorb into the meat.
    Garnish with basil.    



8 comments:

ne_samo said...

Alisa, do you know I always thought you were a vegetarian? I ruffled through the recipes you posted and I don't ever recall seing any meat in them. I am kind a little bit surprised, but since I love chicken wings in any form, (and ginger and garlick and spicy stuff) I am glad you posted this recipe and I'll try it as soon as possible.

Philipsrichal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosalina said...

Wow the food looks amazing. Now I am hungry!!

Unknown said...

Good information is very useful :)

studioGypsy said...

looks delicious!! xoxo

Sandy Krout said...

Thanks so much! I'm not a huge fan of buffalo sauce so this is a nice addition to our wings. Thanks for sharing.

debinsf said...

Made these today for game dinner. Delicious! And my teen boy LOVED them. Tangy, spicy, sweet, garlic. Yum! Great recipe. We'll make them again!

Carrie said...

Oooh, Sambal makes everything tasty. As does kecap manis. Have you tried that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails