Tuesday, November 23, 2010

last minute felt leaves centerpiece

IMG_2703
I needed some last minute decorations for the weekend and while it would have been really easy to just make a trip to Target, I decided to put more of my felt scraps to use to make a colorful, free form, felt leaves centerpiece for our table.


IMG_3230
I started with a variety of different colors of felt


IMG_3232
and cut them into different leaves in variety of shapes and sizes.


IMG_3234
I stacked the leaves on top of each other and began free motion sewing them together and adding details as I went.

IMG_3235

IMG_3237
I continued to stack, layer and sew until I formed a free form "mass" of colorful leaves.


IMG_2698


IMG_2710


IMG_2694
I will be putting my centerpiece to use this weekend!


IMG_2695


IMG_2676

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails