Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stars and Stripes Wreath Tutorial

Untitled-1

Is is just me or did the month of June completely speed by us?!?! Well, whether I like it or not the month of July is starting and Independence Day is this weekend- YIKES! So I am dedicating the rest of the week to fun, easy and creative last minute ideas for your holiday celebrations! I wanted a creative and fun wreath for the door to welcome company and so far I've had no time to run to the store so I made use of what I had on hand.


IMG_0145
I started with the inside of an old embroidery hoop to use as the frame for my wreath.


IMG_0137
I created all kinds of stars from old bits and pieces of fabric and paper that I free motion stitched with different colors of thread.

A variation for those who don't sew could be drawn, painted or even stamped stars.


IMG_0144

IMG_0138

IMG_0140
Once I was done sewing I cut out all of the stars

IMG_0147
and with craft glue, I glued them to the surface of the hoop.


IMG_0204
The last step was to create a little striped loop to add the back of the wreath for a hanger.


IMG_0170
And voilĂ !!!! A simple, creative and patriotic wreath to add a little charm to the front door (with no money spent).


wreath2
IMG_0193
IMG_0178



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails