Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recycled City Scape Tutorial



While some people have normal hobbies, I collect trash and make things out of it- it is kinda turning into an obsession these days! I have been working on a little side project that makes use of all our recyclables because there is just too much potential in a box of Wheat Thins!! I came up with the idea to slowly transform the contents of our recycle bin into a really long city scape that will eventually be displayed somewhere in our house. I will share more photos of my city scape as it grows!

Here is the start to my project and little inspiration in case you want to make your own.


start with a variety of old food boxed, t.p. rolls, or just about anything made from cardboard!


Give everything a coat of paint


plan out the city scape and once satisfied, glue everything together.


paint your city!




I just couldn't resist posting the comment that Jessica left for me the day I blogged this tutorial- I am still giggling about it...

I want to move to that city. I'd open up a stationary shop in the tube on the right. I could walk there from my loft apartment in the very red building on top...or I could take the cable car they are building with federal stimulus money, but that won't be up and running for at least another year and half.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails