Friday, October 17, 2014

exploring we will go- oysterville

A while back we made the promise to each other to always make time to seek adventure as a family (you can read about it here). Exploring new places and going outside is a big part of our daily lives and once in a while I like to share a little peek into our adventures.

Just 1 hour north of us and across the Columbia River is Washington's Long Beach Peninsula. With the Pacific Ocean to the west, the Columbia River and Willapa Bay to the east, the peninsula is 28 miles of absolute BEAUTY and what we call oyster country! We've explored the area but still have lots of places yet to see. Recently we took advantage of a sunny day and went on a little afternoon trip all the way to the northern tip of the peninsula to Oysterville. Oysterville is a tiny community frozen in time that looks just like it did more than a century ago. A church, schoolhouse and houses from the 1870's remain and the entire community is on the National Historic Register. I've seen a lot of beautiful places but this tiny community on the edge of Willapa Bay is one of the most magical places I've been. I grew up reading Anne of Green Gables and something about Osterville made me feel as if I was transported into my favorite childhood story.






22 comments:

Elisabetta Brustio said...

I want to live there... I love the nature and the architecture of these places.
Now prepare the suitcase!!!! :)

Rebecca Barrow said...

That is so deeply beautiful. It reminds me of Scandanavia. I love the small panes of glass around the larger ones in the windows, and the lichens on the picket fence. I need to go there NOW! (despite being on the opposite side of the planet...) Thank you so much for sharing this lovely day out with us.

Anonymous said...

The TREES! So beautiful! I must go there the next time I visit my family! ~C

Anonymous said...

Beautiful--and I love the Anne of Green Gables quote! (one of my favorite childhood series as well)

Unknown said...

The photos feel so serene. Looks like a nice place for a relaxing type of vacation.

studioGypsy said...

so beautiful... love the oyster shot, and the mommydaughter shot, and those trees, and that doorknob, and that worn wood.. oh my!! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Alisa! Beautiful place and as always, gorgeous shots. What do you shoot with?

Jana K said...

That little chapel in your last photo was where my sister and her husband got married 16 years ago. They, too, were smitten by Oysterville. Your photos brought up many lovely memories. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post, I like this post very much.
sales training Sydney

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great website, specially when searching for that specific topic.
retail sales training sydney

buy k25 online said...

Stuff you share with everyone is really awesome and great. Thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.
sales training

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great website, specially when searching for that specific topic.
sales consultancy sydney

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great website, specially when searching for that specific topic.
retail consultancy

buy codeine online said...

I read much information but never this one before Thanks a lot for sharing.

buy ritalin online said...

I read much information but never this one before Thanks a lot for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your many years of a great service well done! I’ve always felt good about listing my concerts with you and linking from my website.
Sales coaching Sydney

buy valium roche said...

Seriously you shared very very attract information and I appreciate your effort for that.

buy adderall online said...

Sharing information is one thing but sharing helpful information is really great. Thanks for this.

Daina of Divine Caterers said...

Love your pictures and how you appreciate all the beauty and history around us! We are kindred. WANDERLUST. ..IS AMAZING! Blessings, love & light! Would love to meet you!

how to hack monster warlord said...

The very awesome your post and good article.i am impressed to you.i want to say that monster warlord hack is good game. you can use only once time than believe me. totally free of cost

Kuch Kuch Locha Hai Torrent said...

here i am visiting first time of your blog read your article which pretty nice

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails