Wednesday, October 17, 2012

black and white pumpkins

Untitled-1
IMG_2282
I love black and white and decided to get to work creating a variety of pumpkins in my favorite color scheme! 

IMG_9468

Instead of painting orange pumpkins white I made it easy and used white pumpkins!



Untitled-1
I wanted an elaborate lace inspired pumpkin. 1. I used my favorite supply- Tulip 3-D paint in black. 2. I started with a design 3. and repeated and embellished the design until the entire surface of the pumpkin was filled. 

Untitled-1

Then I painted the surface of a butternut squash. 1. I started by painting black stripes with acrylic paint. 2. Next, while the paint was still wet, I used a paper towel to pull paint away. 


r1
3. I used the paper towel, q-tips and the end of my paint brush to pull more paint away and scratch in the surface of the black paint. 4. Last, I filled the empty spaces with a few dots for embellishments.


IMG_9483
I kept it really simple and created a pumpkin full of expressive text. I used a black jumbo Sharpie and journaled around the entire pumpkin.

IMG_2334

The result- a variety of simple and unique pumpkins that look great in grouping!

IMG_2298
IMG_2288
IMG_2293
IMG_2307
IMG_2330

18 comments:

Helmi said...

Beautiful!

Shahrul Niza said...

Fabulous!!. Only you could doodle & paint on anything, put them on ETSY and they sell like hot cakes!. LOVE LOVE the grungy pumpkin :).

Tricia said...

The script pumpkin is so lovely!

ValeriAtelier said...

Lovely ideas!!

beth said...

fun! FUn! That first one if my favorite! ;)

stefanie stark said...

Beautiful pumpkins!!!! Great painting!!! Thank you again for the great inspiration you always spread around!

Sara said...

lovely, just lovely. Thank you for the inspiration.

PALOMA ACCESSORIES said...

Excelente idea! Gracias.

Dianne said...

These are soooo cool!

ingridp said...

So creative and talented you are

Potiron said...

Every year you do something great with pumpkins, but this year I particularly like this year's "crop"!!!

however I do have one question: are these edible pumpkins? and if so, do you eat them afterwards? Does the paint on the skin affect the meat at all? just wondering....

Cindy Cooksey said...

Wow! What a brilliant idea! I love them all. I might have to try something like it myself, hope you don't mind.

Kilika*Hechoamano said...

Your work is amazing. I love it. :)

mandy said...

I just had to comment and tell you how freaking awesome this is!!

Faznali said...

I'd just love on how u can turn things to something great!

*Dream Weaver* said...

Hi Alisa,

Loved your cool black & white pumpkins and posted it on my Facebook page. Check it out:
www.facebook.com/weheartcrafts

Am truly enjoying your blog :)
Keep being crafty.

Unknown said...

A pumpkin becomes the most precious after your touch. It's just like the touch of Midas...
arts and crafts

art schools in melbourne said...

I am so glad that I came across this post. Thank you so much for sharing the same with your readers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails