Tuesday, October 16, 2012

updates from the studio

IMG_1140

My friends, I am going to be honest- things have been a little bit chaotic around here. While we are settling into our new life, we are still trying get used to all of the changes. Picking up your life with a baby, a business and starting over is challenging and I have been doing my best to get organized and caught up on so many things! I'm well overdue for a little update from the studio- there are number of things going on over here on the creative front and lots to share in the days to come. Here is a quick update...

IMG_1904
I am FINALLY starting to get settled into my new studio space! I still have lots of boxes to unpack (4 months after moving in) but I have been productive and busy creating in my space! I've had to get used to my studio being away from home- for so many years I made art somewhere in the house (spare rooms, converted garage, etc) and even though my new space is a five minute drive- it has taken me some time to get used to leaving home. I am thrilled that this space can double as a classroom and retreat venue and even more THRILLED that my first retreat  went off without a hitch.

Untitled-1
This last weekend I taught a one day class- Larger Than Life- in my studio and what a great time we had. It was a small and intimate class and I cannot tell you how cool it was to invite creative souls into my space to spread out all over the floor and paint together all day! I am so excited for the things that I have planned for the future. In the weeks and months ahead I will be announcing more events and classes in my studio so stay tuned!



cd2
I will also be announcing some new online classes in the months ahead and the next one will be dedicated to holiday creating! I will be sharing all the details (and a giveaway) next week!



Untitled-1
With our move my online shop has been neglected but not for long! I will be adding all kinds of new things including more  hand carved stamps.


Picture 2
I am thrilled to be one of 19 artists featured in Jenny Doh's new book Journal It! Here is a tiny peek-

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for being in the "Journal it" book. I like your work. Very interesting painting in the first picture.
Have a nice day and all the best to you and your family.

Linda B. said...

I've just 'browsed' the Journal It book on Amazon - it lloks great, can't wait for publication.

Will your 'Creat Daily' class get me into the habit I wonder?

Dita Maulani said...

Wow! Congratulation!
Apart from those artsy messiness, your top looks awesome!

Andrew said...

The first one is awesome :)

dawn said...

I think you are doing a great job on this new life change of yours. Good for you getting some "ME" time in at your studio, I bet that part was hard, it will get easier.

WOW, Congrats on being featured in the new book. LOOKS GREAT!!!

The class idea sounds FUN!! The stamps are gorgeous!

Thanks for the little peeks of what's going on with you.

Wish I lived closer to attend your classes, would LOVE LOVE it!!

daydream kate said...

Oh my goodness, a new class?!?! And holiday themed one at that? I may have to do that...

Ariadne said...

Congrats for being in this book, and this new class sounds exciting!AriadnefromGreece!

Mary said...

Hoping to see some wrapped driftwood sticks in your store...:)

Goose Joak said...

The second image is a breath of fresh air. Love it.

Dianne said...

Looks like a wonderful space and class! Congrats on the spot in Jenny's book! BTW Happy Birthday Lucy!

jo egan-lee said...

Hi Alisa. Gosh, when I read the start of your post I took a deep breath .... when you said 'My friends, I have to be honest..'I was waiting for you to say 'There's too much going on, so I'm taking a break from posts'. Yikes; heart was in my mouth! But, no, it's good news. And so much of it, too. Can't wait for 'Create Daily' and more forthcoming classes. I have all your classes and revisit almost daily for an early morning shot of inspiration.They helped me find my path as an artist after escaping the corporate life.
So,so pleased that all is going brilliantly for you. Have watched you grow in strength from year to year and am thrilled and proud of you too (even though we've never met). Thanks to your generous spirit! Jo x

Debra Kapellakis said...

I watched the video. That is so exciting. Congratulations! The class you taught looks like fun. Something that big and blank would terrify me.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see what you have in store for all of us in 2013. YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Barb

Sara said...

I just prordered Journal It yesterday. It looks awesome.

Lisa said...

hey alisa,

Can you show us the second painting when you finish it. I love it. Its so colorful and I'm little curious what you were drawing in. I so happy for you and you're my inspiration. thank you for share with us. It can be exciting to see someone doing what she loves to do.
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails