Monday, August 20, 2018

lucy's room makeover

As many of you know, it's become a tradition to redecorate and paint a fresh mural in Lucy's room every couple of years. Her room is tiny and as she's gotten older, her style and interests are always changing and evolving. And this year, together we decided on a Matisse inspired wall. Lucy's middle name is Matisse and it seemed appropriate to at some point in her life create a Henri Matisse inspired wall. The best part of was planning it out and spending time painting together. Here is a little peek. 

BEFORE

I painted this butterfly mural back in 2016. 















Looking for a little more inspiration when it comes to using paint and creativity to transform a space?





10 comments:

Natasha said...

This looks fantastic!!

Pat S said...

It looks amazing!

emmy jay said...

Lucy's new wall is a-ma-zing! (I purchased several of your online workshops recently, and this makes me think I should put "Larger Than Life" at the top of the queue...)

Unknown said...

Très belle inspiration !!! Ce second prénom de matisse lui va très bien, une vie d’artiste toute tracée !

maeve said...

Love this wall! All of your walls are amazing!!!

Ruthie Redden said...

What a beautiful project to work on, I think Lucy must be delighted with her new mural

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

Wow!!!! This is amazing. I would love to play in her room so I could be inspired by that wall. I never get tired of looking at your house.

Dorlene Durham said...

Oh my gosh, so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful

Unknown said...

Beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails