Tuesday, August 28, 2018

5 ways to add texture to your surfaces

When it comes to painting, especially colorful and messy layers, texture is a super important part of my process. And today I've got 5 really simple (and fast) ways to add some texture to those painting


1. Bubble wrap is one of my favorite things to use for adding texture to those payers of paint. 

2. Use a crumbled up paper towel or rag and dip it into paint and dab it all over the surface for unique texture.

3. I love using a palette knife to scrape and scratch into wet paint.

4. Dip anything, I mean anything from nature into paint and stamp, drag and press it onto that surface.

5. Press tissue paper into that wet paint and then paint over the top of it. The paint will highlight all the folds in the tissue paper. 

1 comment:

Jill Adamy said...

I love using all these techniques in my art, especially the bubble wrap. It always adds such a wonderful layer to art! Thanks for posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails