Friday, October 10, 2014

fashion friday- canvas glasses pouch




I've worn glasses since I was fifteen and while I tend to wear my contacts most of the time, I have always loved expressing myself with unique and fashionable frames. But I've got a little problem...I treat my glasses TERRIBLE! I toss then in my purse, store them in a drawer and pretty much never use a case.


Typically I shop for glasses at my local optometrist but when luxury eyewear brand David Kind asked if I would like to try their "shop at home experience", I jumped at the chance to select frames in a new and wonderful way. After a stylist selected 6 frames for me to try at home,they arrived at my doorstep and I picked out a new pair of glasses. 

These new glasses were just too darn nice to throw in my purse so I decided enough was enough! I need some cases to store my glasses so I got busy making my own.
Making a case for glasses is just about the easiest project that a sewer of any level can tackle- all you need is to know how to sew a straight stitch!




I grabbed scraps of my painted canvas to create a handful of really colorful and expressive little cases.

I cut them to size. Mine measured 5 X 6.5 inches- a little bigger than I needed because I wanted the cases to also be used for sunglasses. Optional: line the inside of your canvas with fleece or felt.

I folded the canvas in half (so they measure 2.5 x 6.5 inches) and sewed up the side and the bottom! SO simple!




The result are cute and colorful cases that are sure to keep my glasses in better shape!





glasses c/o David Kind



6 comments:

Elisabetta Brustio said...

Non ho questo problema con gli occhiali... Da quando avevo 13 anni li porto sul mio naso e non posso farne a meno! Sono una parte di me e del mio viso, non riesco a vedermi senza!!! (in tutti i sensi!!!) Potresti studiare anche una montatura degli occhiali con le tue fantasie???

I d'not have this problem with glasses.... Since I was 13 I carry them on my nose and I can not help it! They are a part of me and of my face, I can not see myself without !!! (in all senses !!!)
You might also consider a frame of the glasses with your fantasies ???

Sue Marrazzo said...

a REALLY fun idea!

Patricia said...

Very cute. I made something like that with my passport, nut to colorful as your. I try to make photo.

Andria said...

This is such a simple project, and turns out cute AND useful...an all-around win! Thanks for sharing. I definitely need to give my sunglasses some better TLC.

Eye Destination said...

The particular eye continues to be called essentially the most intricate body organ within our body. It really is remarkable that one thing so little might have so many doing work elements.Although the fact that precisely how tough the work of delivering eyesight really is,perhaps it really is absolutely no ponder in the end.

optical stores

Priyadarshini Mohapatra said...

This is the nice post and this post is really appreciable and informatics .
Wall prints and hangings

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails