Tuesday, July 22, 2014

a peek inside Lucy's playroom

Recently I had enough of Lucy's toys scattered all over the house, it was starting to feel like every room belonged to her so I decided to do a little organizing, consolitating and bringing the major play things into one room. Since we co-sleep (you can read about it here and here) we don't need a bed in her room and while this will absolutely change, it's not happening any time soon so I decided to decorate and organize her room like playroom. 

Our house has a huge master bedroom and two TEENY TINY bedrooms so we are limited with how and what to put into Lucy's room because we are working with about 100 square feet. Before were just throwing all of her stuff into the room and letting it be a catch all. 

I decided to really get the room set up to maximize the floor space for playing and then use the perimeter walls for all her things. Now that Lucy is two, she is noticing everything so it was important to put some creativity into everything.

I painted one of my favorite quotes on the wall (by E.E. Cummings), I created a fun little gallery wall with her art (she LOVES THIS!) and rearranged the things on her walls and shelves. I kept the colors light and airy with bright pops of color. (See tutorial for faux antlers HERE and handmade family dolls HERE)
I used those canvas storage bags (see tutorial HERE) that I made a while back for her stuffed animals.

We straightened up the book wall (see book wall tutorial HERE).

We hung a new picture above her coat rack (rack made from a piece of wood found on the beach)

Lucy and I selected some of her favorite toys created a display on her dresser and shelves that will be rotated out.

The kid is obsessed with stuffed animals and she has SO MANY so I hung a shoe rack on the back of her door as a place for all the little ones- SO MUCH BETTER!!!



While a clean room won't last, I'm just happy to have things a little better organized!

15 comments:

Arianna said...

It's really wonderful, I love the colors and the way you arranged furniture, pieces of art, toys....
She is gorgeous and surely knows how to stay in front of the camera.... ;-)

Carla said...

Gorgeous x

Hee Sun Kim (MIYAKE) said...

Cute Lucy!
She's so adorable!

Unknown said...

She's gorgeous! And deserve a room like that :) I love what you have done! Great job!
Upholstery cleaners Fulham

Lynda said...

She is so cute! She needs to give us a video tour.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE the artwork! She is so sweet!

Val said...

She is such a beautiful little character, and such a lucky girl! The toys in the shoe organizer is a brilliant idea. And I'm so jealous of her little play kitchen - I still want one! The big one needs cleaning all the time.

Stephanie said...

great idea for the stuffed animals! I may use that in my 3 year old's room. She is sooo cute and getting to big

Crooked Feather Studio said...

This is so cute! We just welcomed a baby girl to our family I am excited to get her room organized with art and girly things after already having two little boys. Nice inspiration and beautiful girl!

Rosalina said...

Wow it looks amazing. Love all the really bright and beautiful artwork on the wall. Really inspires me.

JustForDaisy said...

Love it! We're about to have baby #3 so I'm consolidating and reshuffling here too! Two girls in one room... and a little boys room to decorate! Eep! Lots of great ideas here thanks!

Emily said...

She is SO CUTE! Great organisation skills too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely creatve space for her to bloom. She is most adorable. xox

Anonymous said...

Lucy's room is every girls dream. She is really getting tall.
Barb
NC

baby-hats said...

Hat is very cute

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails