Monday, July 08, 2013

dolls for lucy

Recently, a really fun thing happened over here...Lucy started playing all kinds of make believe games with her collection of stuffed animals. It got me thinking that maybe it was time to introduce dolls into her play. And I didn't want just any dolls, I wanted to come up with some creative dolls that represent our family. We are a "culturally blended" family- my husband Andy is half Indonesian. His family immigrated to America and he is first generation born in the US. I am a mixture of Irish, Spanish and German (and more) and Lucy is the perfect blend of the two of us! So with a little help from my mom, we created some whimsical dolls that represent our little family. They have a range of skin color that we hope will eventually create the opportunity to talk about our different backgrounds and cultures!


My mom and I wanted to keep the dolls as simple (but fun) as possible so we created their bodies from a few different types of fabric and then sewed the parts together.




We added hair and then I used fabric markers to draw simple faces.




Needless to say, the dolls are a HIT!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails