Tuesday, January 07, 2014

homemade tortilla chips


With the new year in full swing, it is likely that many of you out there have resolutions for healthy eating. So today I am sharing one my favorite healthier snacks- homemade tortilla chips. Making your own flavorful chips is super easy and a great way to curb those potato chip cravings!

    Ingredients-

   Flour or corn tortillas
   Your favorite cooking oil (I like using olive oil)
   Your favorite herbs, spices and flavors

   Start by cutting the tortillas into triangles (or even use a cookie cutter to create fun shapes!)


Throw them into a bowl and drizzle with oil.
Mix the tortillas with your hands to make sure they all get coated with oil.

Spread the tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle with your favorite herbs and spices. The possibility of flavor combos is endless! My current favorites are smoked paprika and sea salt and feta and green onion!

Bake at 400 degrees for about 5 min or until the edges are brown.

Gobble them up while they are still warm or store them in ziplock bags for an easy grab and go snack!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

esta idea es genial!! y fácil siempre quise hacer "nachos" creo que acertaste, los voy a probar :D

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

FUN Idea!
i like your bowls, Alisa...I guess you painted them?

Sena said...

I tried to make homemade tortilla chips once, it did not go well :/ But, since you are baking them instead of using the broiler, I might be able to try this recipe without the end result causing flames to shoot out of my oven....fingers crossed,lol!

agazmaluje said...

What a clever idea!!! My mouth is full of saliva! :)

Linda Vincent said...

Love this idea Alisa...thanks for the inspiration. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails