Thursday, December 02, 2010

pretty little cookies

IMG_4548
There is nothing better than giving or serving a batch of homemade cookies during the holidays! I love using a simple recipe and then spending my time decorating the cookies with tiny little details.


IMG_3488


IMG_3499
Start with mixing up a batch of cookie dough.
Sugar cookies are my favorite to use when decorating.

Here is my go to sugar cookie recipe-


3 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

1 cup granulated white sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour.


Roll out the dough and use simple cookie cutter shapes to cut out shapes and transfer to a baking sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes (this will all depend on the size and thickness).


IMG_4564
Once the cookies are done baking it is time to decorate.

This is where I cut all the corners-

I use pre made frosting and add food coloring to create different colors.

There are lots of great cookie decorating products out there and I like to keep a can of frosting with different tips on hand for all those little details.

Use sugar pearls, sprinkles or your favorite little candies to decorate.


IMG_3491
They don't have to be perfect just pretty :)


IMG_4559

IMG_3485


IMG_3492

13 comments:

whyducks said...

Yummy so pretty too!

" M " said...

Wow! Those look pretty & yummy , thanks for the recipe,seems simple so I think Im gonna go make some : p

Soggy Dog Studios said...

Adorably Yummy! You've totally got Martha Stewart beat!!! :) xo

Iris (Irideeën) said...

Mmmmmmm, and lovely!

giveto said...

miamm!! love your blog!
bonne soirée
vero

Jan from Wyoming said...

I've been looking at your blog for the last couple of days. Wonderful! I will be back, again and again...

longredthread said...

Wow! Fantastic icing! Greetings from snowy Poland.

Jill said...

They remind me of starfish. Love them!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! But are they soft? I'm always looking for the perfect recipe to produce really soft, chewy sugar cookies. I HATE crunchy!

laurie said...

this post makes me want to start preheating the oven right now!!!

Tania said...

Alisa, I love your blog - great tutorials!!!

Anonymous said...

Your creativity shows through in everything you touch! The star cookies are too lovely to eat.
Happy holidays from the East Coast where there is snow on the ground in upstate New York and temps are in the 30's.

Teddi said...

they are beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails