Saturday, December 04, 2010

a coastal holiday part 2

IMG_3615
I have been creating all kinds of simple coastal inspired decorations from all of the finding from my beachcombing this week. Since this year I purchased a small table top tree, I kept all of my creations small.

I stared by adding a little ribbon and beads to the clam shells.


d
I used the photos that I took of all the shells and printed them out.
I cut out each shell and glued them to a piece of twine to make a garland.

IMG_3611


IMG_3620
I used shell drawings from my sketchbook and made color copies.


IMG_3622
I cut out the shells,


IMG_3626
glued each of them to a book page and added a little piece of twine to the top.


IMG_3630
I created another garland with ribbon and all the bits of tiny shells and pebbles.


IMG_3632
I couldn't resist making a small chain from book pages.


IMG_4678
I made a nautical wreath by wrapping rope and scraps of fabric around a styrofoam wreath form.


IMG_4683



IMG_4692
I made little watercolor starfish to place throughout the tree.


IMG_3637
And I painted a large watercolor starfish for the tree topper.


IMG_4690
I even used scrap fabric to sew a little skirt for the tree.


IMG_4876
I filled jars with my collection of rocks.


IMG_4874
I even put notes in bottles.


IMG_4758
And then I went to work putting everything together :)

10 comments:

kristin elena. said...

wow! that all looks amazing! can't wait to see the tree.

Claire Kiefer said...

This is incredible suspense. I am dying to see the final product!

Hele said...

your tree looks amazing!

congratulations!

chichow15 said...

IT LOOKS AWESOME, ALISA! Love the wreath, too! Nice work!

Bonita Rose said...

oh how simply wonderful.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

How amazingly clever! I love all things coastal so found this very appealing. I'll bet you enjoyed every minute of its creation.

lindamay said...

what great ideas...it could only be a white tree for this theme!!

Ariadne said...

Amazing!Thank you for the inspiration!Ariadne from Greece!

Jenny said...

I really like your use of nature in your creations - so pretty!

Unknown said...

Hey!!! Are you selling the seashell ornaments? I'm looking for creative gifts for my upcoming wedding... please let me know: danielle.march@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails