Tuesday, June 29, 2010

oven baked s'mores


IMG_0206
Maybe its because I have lived at the beach for much of my life but nothing says 4th of July or "summer is here" like s'mores! S'mores are one of my favorite treats and I can remember sitting on the beach around a bon fire, assembling graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate while watching fireworks. To this day every time I eat them I am transported to summer, to memories, to childhood. A bon fire or camp fire is not always accessible but you can still enjoy this mouthwatering treat by baking them in the oven- thank goodness!
I will be serving them this weekend on a platter, as dessert for the 4th of July festivities at our house.


IMG_0209
Start by laying out graham crackers on a cookie sheet and place 1-2 marshmallows on top of each.


IMG_0210
Place into the oven set at 400 degrees and bake until the marshmallows are crispy brown- around 3-5 minutes.


IMG_0211
Place pieces of chocolate on top of the hot marshmallows- the heat will melt the chocolate.
Top with another graham cracker.


IMG_0213
Stack on a plate and serve warm.


fd
IMG_0215
And enjoy every single second gobbling up this warm and gooey treat- YUM-YUM-YUM!

IMG_0217
A few TOO MANY s'mores were consumed while making this post :)

28 comments:

felicia said...

We love s'mores and I never thought to make them in the oven. When we had a gas range we just cooked the marshmallows over the flame but since we moved we have been doing them in the microwave. I'm going to try the oven method right now!

Jenn said...

This is great! I just made S'mores this evening for my son (his first!!) and we made them in the microwave because we ran out of time to make a fire. I never thought about using the oven. Thanks for the post.

sherry said...

Such a clever idea to make s'mores in the oven. I sure will beat my candlelight s'mores when the kiddos are around. Thanks for the tip!

jane eileen said...

Wow! Are those triple deckers?

Susan said...

Is there really any such thing as too many s'mores? These look amazing!

life without novacaine said...

Looks fab! Smores are one of my favorites too... and now we can have them all the time straight from the oven! You've just made my son very happy.

Jo Reimer said...

Thanks for the great idea. I need to take dessert for 30 people Sunday night and I think this will be it... especially because there'll be 6 teenagers from Kazikstan attending and they need to taste an all American 4th of July tradition.

Erin Butson said...

um, i'm making this. you know you have a fabulous recipe when i'm scouring my pantry for ingredient, + mad +i have to wait until tomorrow. these look great.

whyducks said...

How wicked!

Mechelle said...

Alisa I have done this exact same thing, except I put my broiler on for a minute or two.

Gilding Lilies said...

MMmmmm, looks like Summer time. Makes me want to drag out the camping gear.

Aimee said...

Good idea! We have done it in the microwave before, but you miss out on the brown parts. I am going to have to do this! Thanks for sharing.

Leah said...

You can also roast the marshmallows over a gas stovetop...I know from experience :)

Celeste said...

we brown ours right on the stove burner. it's like a mini camp fire! :)

Jane LaFazio said...

oh my goodness! I never would have thought of this. sweet. and I really mean it.!

CourtneyP said...

I made these tonight and my boys loved them!

Petrina McDonald said...

thanks for the inspiration! i made my own australian version of these today and they were fantastic!!!

Mary Beth said...

Great idea. I have a box of graham crackers left over from camping this weekend.

I app-solutely ♥
my ✄ Fabric U ✄
iPhone app!
http://tinyurl.com/242bua9

MoodsSwings said...

definately trying that, never thought of it! nice! big smores fan here, i even made smores earrings! check em out!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/49794790/moodswing-smores-earrings

Mr. Roasty said...

mmmmm s'mores! there's an app for that: http://smoresapp.com

Unknown said...

I love my kitchen,when i bought my house through costa rica homes for sale i expected to have a big kitchen and now i am really happy.

haaLow CEO said...

totally making these ! ! ! thanks for the oven process... I was about to use my lighter LOLOLOLOL

Ovens said...

I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

www.vbarcelone.com said...

I saw so much helpful info here!

jen said...

these look delicious! just about to make myself a batch of oven baked s'mores! happy fourth! :)

Unknown said...

My kids had a cooking competition tonight! We used this recipe. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

These look really delicious! I love s'mores. They're the best thing ever. <3

thedamselinadress.blogspot.com

Tiago said...

Since last year I have living in Buenos Aires in a 4rent Argentina department. Last month my mom came to visit me and I prepared this recipe, I was really fantastic!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails