Tuesday, June 29, 2010

oven baked s'mores


IMG_0206
Maybe its because I have lived at the beach for much of my life but nothing says 4th of July or "summer is here" like s'mores! S'mores are one of my favorite treats and I can remember sitting on the beach around a bon fire, assembling graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate while watching fireworks. To this day every time I eat them I am transported to summer, to memories, to childhood. A bon fire or camp fire is not always accessible but you can still enjoy this mouthwatering treat by baking them in the oven- thank goodness!
I will be serving them this weekend on a platter, as dessert for the 4th of July festivities at our house.


IMG_0209
Start by laying out graham crackers on a cookie sheet and place 1-2 marshmallows on top of each.


IMG_0210
Place into the oven set at 400 degrees and bake until the marshmallows are crispy brown- around 3-5 minutes.


IMG_0211
Place pieces of chocolate on top of the hot marshmallows- the heat will melt the chocolate.
Top with another graham cracker.


IMG_0213
Stack on a plate and serve warm.


fd
IMG_0215
And enjoy every single second gobbling up this warm and gooey treat- YUM-YUM-YUM!

IMG_0217
A few TOO MANY s'mores were consumed while making this post :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails