Friday, February 19, 2010

i heart food


I am not very domestic but I do love to cook (fun fact: my longtime dream is to open a cafe/gallery some day) and like everything else in my life, cooking is another form of creativity, expression and passion. Since quitting my job and working from home I have set aside time to cook for my husband every night- just about the only domestic task I am able to stick to these days! I make time to step away from everything else and lose myself in culinary bliss for 1 hour in the kitchen. I love (eating) and cooking food with all of my heart- it is a way to give of myself, a simple source of joy, escape, and strangely one of the only ways that I am able rest my overactive brain. All of my senses are engaged and I am able to just appreciate the ritual of preparing beautiful and delicious cuisine! Lately I am on a mission to grow my blog into a place that truly represents my "redefined" creative approach to life and this includes food! Don't worry I won't stop sharing cafty projects but I do want to try and share simple things that keep my own life full of inspiration!

sometimes you just don't need paint to express yourself!












pizza on ciabatta loaf with homemade tomato sauce, basic and low fat mozzarella


pizza on ciabatta loaf with goat cheese, sweet potatoes, kale and canalized onions





10 comments:

LR said...

cooking is such a huge challenge for me. i am loving how you describe that it's an opportunity to get away for a while. and i would be at that cafe/gallery everyday :-).

Karen said...

Recipe PLEASE!! That looks so good! And who's eating that boring one on the right??? LOL

primdollie said...

wow! I love to cook but yours is truly art! when is dinner so I can sneak over for some! everything looks so very yummy! yes recipes please! I would love to try my hand at some of those as well! thnx for beautiful eye candy!

Carol B. said...

Beautiful! Are all the pictures food that you cooked? I love how fresh and wholesome it looks. I so want to cook like that instead of throwing together junk food. Ok, so you'll have to put together a food blog, too! :)

Unknown said...

GAH! You're killin' me!!!

Linda Woods said...

That looks delish!

Bonafyde said...

I completely agree with you. Art & creativity manifests itself in our lives in many ways and I am excited that you will be sharing them with us. Those pizzas look delicious and so vibrant with color!

HollyM said...

I also find cooking as creative as you do. I can always find something to make just by opening the cupboards. I like simple but fresh and made form scratch. the ciabatta with the sweet potato and kale looks delicious!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

The idea of sweet potato pizza makes me weak in the knees. I may have to change our dinner plans...

rena said...

I am making this for dinner SOON!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails