Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Gratitude on Veterans Day

This is my husband. He has hair longer than mine, lots of facial hair, he is a die hard surfer, a yoga master, he is a brilliant chef, super liberal, an amazing artist, builds and destroys structures for a living, keeps me grounded everyday and he is a veteran. Five years served as Search and Rescue in the Navy. I am so grateful that he served his country (hanging out of helicopters) but am even more grateful that he is a civilian these days. My gratitude to you my dear husband on this Veterans Day.

5 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Please extend my thanks to him also.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

My sentiments mirror Peggy's. I so appreciate those who serve for us so we can be free.

shannon said...

what a nice tribute to your husband. he sounds like a wonderful man! we appreciate all he's done!

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely thing to read.

Anita Van Hal said...

I'm thankful for the service he did for our country as well...all three of our sons serve/served in the military...oldest in the Army, two youngest in the Navy...the older of the two was injured just after completing his basic training and never made it for advanced training before he was medically discharged and is disabled...his dreams of serving his country were crushed...he had volunteered for sub duty...the youngest is a submariner and has served 5 years and recently re-enlisted for six more...we haven't seen him in over a year and a half..I miss him so much, but he gets to come home for Christmas this year...I couldn't be more thankful...thank you for sharing your dear husband's service to our country...and for literally putting his life on the line many times so that others may live...his dedication will not be forgotten! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails