Thursday, July 26, 2012

paint it white!

Untitled-1
We are still unpacking and getting settled over here and I am slowly getting our house decorated. We are on a budget and to top it off- living in a small town- where there are fewer shopping options. I love accessorizing with lots of white objects and what better way to get creative and work on a budget than to paint all kinds of things white! Armed with a few cans of heavy duty- all purpose spray paint I went to work turning everything white...

m
Branches from the yard were immediately transformed with a little white paint!

IMG_6931

k
Two cheap large green glass vases were painted and then sanded for a weathered look.


b
A cardboard deer head (from urbanoutfitters.com) even got a coat of white paint!


j
But my favorite transformation was purchasing a variety of aluminum duct connectors at the hardware store and painting them white and then using them as candle holders. I LOVE the way they turned out and they look great paired with the rest of our white accessories!

IMG_6996
IMG_7004
IMG_6995
IMG_7055
who needs to spend a lot of money on home decor when you have paint!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the idea of painting white the tree branches! I think i am going to do it for my home too! :-D

iHanna said...

awesome post, I too looove white paint and like you often cover finds with it to make it "new". :-)

mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary said...

Love white paint. Last Christmas I made a wintery version of the white branches with a bit of fake snow :)

Preeti Dubey said...

That's a great idea Alisa :) it really gives a softer and elegant looks in the decor, well done :)

Paula said...

Love this...especially those ducts! Too clever and too cool! I may just have to be a shameless copycat...

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

We should think twice about coming near you when you're holding a can of white spray paint? The last picture is beautiful. All of the projects are lovely. enJOYed!

Inna said...

Love the duct connectors! When people use random industrialish things for decor, it's my fav. :)

astr!d said...

love it! i went crazy with colored walls when i first bought my house, now im craving a more cohesive look with pale gray walls throughout the house! for a clean, bright living space!!

Unknown said...

the ducts idea fabulous. what i love about your ideas is that they are not expensive so after a while yio just change it up without feeling bad!

kelly barton said...

i love repurposing and reusing. what fun ideas. i think i have a bunch of stuff in the garage that need a fresh coat!

lowara pumps Perth said...

Wow. Gorgeous photos. Nature surely inspires us. It keep our imagination to overdrive and we come up with a great ideas to boot.

patty said...

Fabulous - I am going to get some!!

dandelion dreamer said...

Great fun and totally gorgeous!Mx

Cassie Shella said...

Awesome ideas! We are moving in a few months, already live in a small town, and are on a very tight budget - thanks for the inspiration! I'm definitely going to be sending the kids out on a hunt for dead tree branches:) Have a blessed week.

TanyaMac said...

oh i love the candleholders - so stylish and you! I sprayed branches white and silver last christmas, i wish i'd held onto them now ;)

Jo said...

Wonderful!!I like the branches ;O)
I hope I find some time to try this ;O)

Greets from Germany
JO

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool!

I linked to your tutorial on my blog - thanks for sharing!

♥, doro von Hand zu Hand

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails