Monday, November 28, 2011

paper flowers holiday wreath

IMG_1667
I cannot believe the holidays are upon us and this weekend I took some time to start my own preparations. First I worked on creating a wreath- if you have been reading my blog you will know that I really enjoy celebrating the seasons with a handmade wreath like here, here, here and here

IMG_1364
Crafting with book pages are all the rage these days and I love using them to draw and paint on.
I started by drawing a simple flower (inspired by a poinsettia)


IMG_1366
Using watercolors I filled the flowers with color.


IMG_1369
and added details.


IMG_1370
I created lots and lots of pages filled with flowers and leaves.


IMG_1371
Next I cut out all of the flowers and leaves.

IMG_1372
IMG_1374
I used a styrofoam wreath and a glue gun and glued the flowers to the surface


IMG_1375
I layered the flowers to create fullness.

IMG_1377
IMG_1376
And there you have it! A simple but beautiful handmade wreath using VERY few supplies and $$$!

IMG_1666
IMG_1667
And for those of you who don't draw or don't have the time- I've got a holiday flowers paper wreath kit in my shop!

27 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Super Cute :) You are Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!!

Μαριάννα said...

πολυ ομορφο!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Such a great project! You are very creative!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous!!!

MixedMollyDesigns said...

The book pages add an interesting texture. Great idea!

Mia Bloom Designs said...

Great idea! I was thinking of making a wreath this year. Thank you for the tutorial.

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is a great tutorial Alisa - thank you for the inspiration.

petra said...

love, love, love it, your paper-work!

Kathy said...

I love it! Adorable! The white dots really make it pop:) I'm a big fan of your other paper wreaths too..with the butterflies and fall leaves!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Alisa I have loved your paper leaf wreaths in the past. This poinsettia one is even more awesome! Thank you for sharing your fabulous ideas and wonderful style!

Gabrielle said...

Love it! What do you use for the white dots? It's always a nice effect, I'm curious

onlinerx said...

wow!! on book pages?? You are incredible...

dandelion dreamer said...

well that is totally, utterly, beautifully, stunningly impressive. I used to love making so much for Christmas too, but not now. You have inspired me. I might just nip off to my studio and PLAY!!

pay for paper said...

Great post, I enjoyed ready reading it!

Rose Clearfield said...

Gorgeous wreath! Thanks for the great instructions.

research papers said...

Good work. Thanks!

AshleyQ said...

Can you tell us what kind of watercolor set that is please? ;)

Olga said...

So simple, yet so beautiful! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I just finished making this wreath. Thank you for the lovely tutorial and inspiration! Merry Christmas from Louisiana. :)

samrala said...

I have liked your papers foliage wreaths in the last. This poinsettia one is even more awesome! Thank you for giving your incredible thoughts and amazing style!Please keep posting on paper craft and paper flowers

debby said...

is it easier to paint on the book paper as opposed to magazine paper. I suppose it wouldn't dry on mag paper huh??? I love this idea and am going to start making them for next year already.

stella maris said...

Por favor quisiera saber como hace esos puntos blancos. Con alg. maquina porque quedan muy parejos Desde ya gracias Un abrazo Espero su respuesta ganeshaomm@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

that so pretty. that is awesome. # LOVE IT

Anonymous said...

nice works. thanks for sharing.. ballroom dancing classes boston ma

Aimlesswriter said...

Very kool! Love the way the words peek through the paint.

tanasza said...

fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails