Thursday, October 27, 2011

andy's chicken and kale curry

IMG_0810
My husband loves to cook and he has a knack for coming up with his own recipes with unique flavor and simple ingredients. One of my favorites is his curry chicken and kale- a hearty dish perfect for a fall evening.


Untitled-1

IMG_0228

IMG_0790
Start by chopping all of the fresh vegetables.

IMG_0793

IMG_0791

IMG_0797
In a pan, cook the chopped sweet potatoes, potatoes, garlic and onion in a little bit of peanut oil until "almost" tender.


IMG_0799
Grill or bake the chicken breasts until tender and chop into bite size pieces. Andy likes to fry the chicken in peanut oil until golden brown.


IMG_0800
Add a couple tablespoons of curry powder to a mixture of coconut milk (16 oz), chopped potatoes, chopped kale, chicken, 2-3 garlic cloves, 2-3 chunks of ginger, diced red chilis, a pinch of salt and pepper and a pinch of chili powder.

IMG_0802

IMG_0803
Simmer for about 30-40 minutes on low heat.

IMG_0816

IMG_0817
We like eating ours with naan (Indian flat bread)

IMG_0811
it is is perfect for dipping!

IMG_0806

17 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delicious looking dish...I love curry and chicken and the kale would be a tasty addition I'm sure! Thanks Andy for sharing this healthy meal. Take care family of three! Hugs, Loretta

Chantal said...

Thanks for sharinge.
Sure, I will try sunday !

I hope you three, happiness

Kit Lang said...

I assume that's ordinary yellow curry powder, or is it red or some other? (I ask, because it looks a bit reddish on my monitor.)

Looks delicious - can't wait to try!

studioGypsy said...

looks delicious!! :)

Rose Clearfield said...

This sounds amazing! How awesome that your husband loves to create his own recipes. Bookmarking!

Anonymous said...

Oh...How nice! Now, I want to try this now!! It looks so yummy! ^______^ Enjoy your time with your little one!

Buffy said...

Yummy! You lucky girl you,I love to cook but just sometimes I would love it if my husband cooked,he can't even cook on the grill,burns everything,burgers are like hockey pucks!Thanks for sharing!

Ulrike Hutchins said...

I love any sort of curry, especially with naan. No need for rice!!

Mia Moreing Russell said...

Yummm! So good for you too! Love Kale...I have enjoyed using Kale in place of lasgana noodles and even have filled and rolled the leaves like enchilada's.
blanching first is very helpful. ;o>
Thank you!

Lisa Graham said...

That looks amazing AND healthy...your photos make it even more yummy. Thank you for sharing!

Anna - Krulik said...

Looks great! I have to try :)

ileen said...

I'm sending your blog url to my hubby right now...looks like a lovely dinner for tonite! Hope all is going well with your new little girl. Happy weekend to you.

Linda Wagner - Nutrition to Invigorate Mind, Body & Spirit said...

Oh yummmmmm!! This looks amazing and healthy!! My kind of meal! Thanks for sharing, I'll be making this soon!

petra said...

njummie!
have a nice weekend!
Petra

Jennevieve said...

I just tried this and it was delicious!

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Yummo!

Katie McD said...

Just wanted to share I made this for my husband last night and we both LOVED it! It was delicious and I'm excited to have the leftovers this week while he's traveling for work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails