Monday, August 21, 2017

butterfly rings

As many of you know, I LOVE shrink plastic! There are so many different ways to use it and one of my favorites is using it to make funky rings. There are so many different things that you can create from shrink plastic and I thought butterflies would make super cute little statement rings.

I started by drawing butterflies on a sheet of shrink plastic. While shrink plastic comes in many colors, I used black shrink plastic and a white paint pen. Keep in mind that you will need to use permanent pens on that shrink plastic.

Next, I cut out the butterflies and then I baked my designs in the oven for about 1 minute at 350 degrees. Shapes and designs will shrink a lot- like 50%.


While they were still warm, I softly bent the wings up to give the butterfly a little bit of dimension.


Once the butterflies cooled, I glued them (using a heavy duty glue) to ring backs.
The result are really fun and whimsical rings!

Looking for more ring projects?



1 comment:

Meghan Thimjon said...

Love the butterflies! I have a ton of shrink film that i should get out and make some fun rings with!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails