Tuesday, June 20, 2017

marbled statement ring


My long time readers will know that I love colorful and funky statement rings! And I love using simple supplies to to make my own.

I am still loving Easy Marble (not sponsored) because you can use it on so many different surfaces. Recently I had the idea to marble some small wood slices to create light weight statement rings.

Easy Marble is a lightfast, quick drying paint that you can use on all kinds of surfaces. I've used a variety supplies to create a marbled effect- spray paint and nail polish and acrylic paint but Easy Marble is the best product I've tried. 

Simply drop colors into a pan of water and swirl the color around. I wanted the design on my rings to look like an agate slice so I swirled the colors in a circle over and over again.

Dip the wood slice into the color and pull it out!
I used E6000 jewelry adhesive to adhere the wood slices to ring backs.
The result are colorful and funky statement rings!


Looking for more DIY ring projects?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

FABULOUS!

Maya Kuzman said...

My Gosh! These are spectacular!

Suzanne said...

Oh wow, these are great! I think I'll try this with my teen. The girls are just starting to wear jewelry. I'm thinking I may be able to put a little poster putty on the back of the wood slice and then stick it to my finger. Maybe it will work that when I lower it into the marbling mixture, I won't get messy. (Not that I'm averse to mess, just wondering if the marbling might be oil-based and hard to get off.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails