Wednesday, April 01, 2015

wood burned eggs

I love decorating eggs and I love wood burning so I finally got around to making a little batch of wood burned eggs. I love the idea of decorated eggs as a creative gift for Easter gatherings. And while these eggs were time consuming- they are so pretty!

Supplies:

Wooden Eggs- You can find these at most craft stores.

Wood Burning Tool- I always use a Wood Hollow Creative Woodburner Pen. I have been using this tool for years now and I love it. While there are more expensive brands and tools out there, the Creative Woodburner is a really good quality all purpose burner that comes with 4 tips. You simple plug it in, let it heat up and start burning!

Watercolor Paint- While you can leave the wood natural, I like to add a little bit of color with watercolors. When applied to wood they create a really pretty stain that works well with the dark burned lines.

Burn your favorite designs into the surface! While I tend to work off the top of my head- you can also spend time drawing out your design in pencil and then burning over the top.


Wood burning projects make wonderful handmade gifts! Check out all of my wood burning projects below.


1. wood burned blocks 2. wood burned bangles 3. wood burned buttons 4. wood burned earrings 5. wood burned spoons 6. wood rings 7. popsicle stick bracelets 8. wood burned frame 9. wood burned boxes

16 comments:

Lynette (NZ) said...

These are sooo pretty.Thanks for your creative inspiration Alisa - Happy Easter to you and your family

Unknown said...

So pretty and beautiful! Love the colourful eggs!

jabbott said...

You are a genius x

Anonymous said...

I love your wooden eggs. Have you ever used egg gourds They are light weight and would be great for your a wood burning project. You should be able to grow them in your area.

studioGypsy said...

ok!! i think this one's my favorite! will hav to do this with the kiddos!! xoxo genius!! :D

peggy gatto said...

Just lovely!! Thank you!

Unknown said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!

Unknown said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!

Shannon P said...

I love these! I think they may be my favorite eggs so far!

mummsie said...

Eeeek! These are so cool. I did alittle wood burning in my girl scout days, ahem,lloooong ago. You've inspired me to buy a tool and get burning. Don't know why I forgot this?????? Remember the smell was amazing too....Thank you for all your tips and tricks!! Thanks for sharing....

Colleen said...

Your talents are never ending! Thank you for sharing...

Beverley Baird said...

These are gorgeous! I got a kit last year and have yet to use it! What a perfect project to try. Love all your other projects as well.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

SO COOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your eggs look very Eastern European. Love them!

Ginger said...

These are amazing! I got a wood burning tool for Christmas and something like this is a great way to break it in. Thanks for the inspiration!

Start Business in Delhi said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails