Wednesday, April 01, 2015

wood burned eggs

I love decorating eggs and I love wood burning so I finally got around to making a little batch of wood burned eggs. I love the idea of decorated eggs as a creative gift for Easter gatherings. And while these eggs were time consuming- they are so pretty!

Supplies:

Wooden Eggs- You can find these at most craft stores.

Wood Burning Tool- I always use a Wood Hollow Creative Woodburner Pen. I have been using this tool for years now and I love it. While there are more expensive brands and tools out there, the Creative Woodburner is a really good quality all purpose burner that comes with 4 tips. You simple plug it in, let it heat up and start burning!

Watercolor Paint- While you can leave the wood natural, I like to add a little bit of color with watercolors. When applied to wood they create a really pretty stain that works well with the dark burned lines.

Burn your favorite designs into the surface! While I tend to work off the top of my head- you can also spend time drawing out your design in pencil and then burning over the top.


Wood burning projects make wonderful handmade gifts! Check out all of my wood burning projects below.


1. wood burned blocks 2. wood burned bangles 3. wood burned buttons 4. wood burned earrings 5. wood burned spoons 6. wood rings 7. popsicle stick bracelets 8. wood burned frame 9. wood burned boxes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails