Friday, October 31, 2014

a happy and creative halloween

We really don't celebrate or do much for Halloween but it is becoming a tradition to have some fun here on the blog! (see last year HERE and the years before here, here and here). I'd been tossing around a fun bird themed idea for a while- I wanted to create a giant set of canvas wings with pattern but honestly I really wasn't up for sewing anything elaborate...so instead I went with what I know best- painting on the wall!

Large painted wings are nothing new, in fact they are a reoccurring theme in graffiti and street art but I thought it would be fun to put my own twist (black and white graphic pattern) on a set of wings that we could use as a backdrop for Halloween photos!

I created some simple bird themed masks from card stock and then we had fun with a photoshoot!


This was such a fun and easy little project and a wonderful way to play a little creative make believe! To see more posts on what I like to call "creative make believe" head on over HERE

Head on back to the blog tomorrow because I am sharing my process of painting the wings and sharing some tips for painting a wall!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!!! Love the wing design. Fabulous!! Happy Halloween :) ~Sophia

joanne sharpe said...

YOU and that precious family of yours are absolutely adorable!!! Looks like you are doing awesome. Huggs!

Terri said...

Just.Awesome!!! love everything about this.

Anonymous said...

Love!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Of course you know Joanne! I took a 'live' class with her and had a fabulous time. As Cannon Beach is one of my most favourite places on earth, I fully anticipate the pleasure of taking a 'live' class with you one day. Love your wings! FLY!

Ingrid Orens said...

Lucy definitely steals the show - she is the prettiest little bird :-)))) !

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Too cute..love love loveeee it :)

muriel said...

Awesome! I never cease being amazed by your creativity and sense of family fun.

Double Nickel Dead said...

So much fun! :)

Moois van mie said...

This is AMAZING FANTASTIQUE GORGOUS GEWELDIG INDRUKWEKKEND STRAF EN ZOOOOOOO MOOOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moongirl said...

Love the wings! Everyone needs to fly! :)

Unknown said...

you guys rock everything! always fun to visit with you!!

Stephanie said...

LOVE! My 3-year was Wonder Woman. Rocking the girl power.

Barb said...

This is a wonderful post. The three of you and all the creative art and bright colors.

Anna said...

I love your idea for Creative Make Believe! I have never been into Halloween but I am inspired by your families unique way to celebrate creative fun and imagination! And I love the wings on the wall!

NorthernShy said...

Just just when the day
Into melancholy might fall
You're cheered up immensely
By those wings
On the wall

mizdarlin said...

Great idea...and your daughter's happiness and reactions are priceless..great for those of us too old to participate in the usual ways, too!

Anonymous said...

So, so good! Happy Halloween. <I:^}

studioGypsy said...

so so absolutely fun!! xooxox

livethegoldenrule said...

YES !! I love this!! As usual, you are so clever ! :D

Jo Murray said...

That is FABULOUS...and perfect photos.

The Trend Spot said...

What a fun post! Love it!

Se7en said...

You guys are just so fun!!! Love it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails