Monday, May 26, 2014

lamp revamp

I love that with a little paint you can pretty much transform anything. Recently I decide to give one our pole lamps a big bold, colorful makeover!
I purchased a wood pole lamp from Target a couple of years ago and to be honest, it was  a little bit boring for my taste but I loved the shape. So with a little paint I decided to transform the lamp and combine my two favorite things- stripes and floral print.

I started by painting the lampshade. I wanted big bold and expressive flowers so I added color quickly with different sized paint brushes.

Then I added simple details over the top of my color. Again, I wanted the floral design to be expressive so I only added enough details (dots and lines) to create the "feel" of flowers.

Last, I painted black and white stripes on the pole.

The result is a really fun and whimsical lamp that is more my style!



22 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

WOW, that is so gorgeous!! Love it! :D <3

Magda said...

So beautiful ! :)

muriel said...

Great! It surely gives your lamp a different identity.

coco.nut said...

it's just gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

I love it! I have an old boring lamp here and now I know what to do with it :) Thank you very much!

Sigi

Vivyane Veka said...

It's just so lovely !

Monica said...

I LOVE this!

Jeans 'n Tshirt said...

Love this! Any special paint instructions for the wood?

Unknown said...

there is no end to your creativity. fabulous

Ingrid Orens said...

Just fantastic !!!

mizdarlin said...

Have to say, I love it..it took me back to my younger days when i used to transform everything!..maybe it's time I started it again...
I wanted to know if you you used acrylic paint on the shade, pole etc. you probably have lots of different media but I would be starting over..all i have right now are acrylics in tubes...

Louise said...

I have an ugly inherited lamp that this will be perfect for. Thanks.

Jo Murray said...

A magnificent transformation!!!!

Val said...

That is fabulous! I love that mix of expressive and controlled, color and black-and-white. Fun!

Serena Lewis said...

Awesome make-over!! Love it!

Shanti @ Everyday Bohemian said...

Love love love love love it!!!! You are brilliant, as always <3. I would love to do the same thing in a watercolor style! With gold somewhere :D

Unknown said...

Really like it. I love painting, colors...your amazing blog with lot of colors...

Jackie PN said...

Crazy what paint and creativity can do! Love it!

trish said...

Be sure to let target know so that they can license it and we can all own an ab lamp!

Unknown said...

perfect work!!!!!

Michelle P said...

Ummmm....pretty sure this is the best lamp in the history of ever!

Brooke said...

such an amazing transformation. Great Job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails