Monday, March 24, 2014

branch ladder

We are in the midst of a huge backyard project which means we suddenly have all kinds of branches on hand! I thought it was time to create a ladder for the living room to hang our blankets on.

    I started by cutting the branches to size then I spray painted them white. 

    Next I painted black stripes randomly all over the branches. 

    The last step was to lash together the ladder. 

    First I tacked my wood together with wood glue. 

    Then using some really great fluorescent pink twine from the hardware store, I criss
    crossed the twine until each rail of the ladder was secure.


15 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So creative!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blankets too! Where are they from?

Jeans 'n Tshirt said...

love this!!

obat tradisional penyakit stroke said...

nice share :)

Joan Princing Art said...

WOW! This is really cool. The blankets look wonderful displayed like this!!

Zorrotte said...

Love the idea AND the style! ♥

Unknown said...

I love the IDEA !!!

Elisabetta Brustio said...

bello e utile: adoro il contrasto con il rosa fuxia!
beautiful and useful: I love the contrast with fluorescent pink!

jeannie lucky said...

You continue to amaze me.

Erin Fish said...

You are one amazingly creative person. Your beautiful ideas continue to amaze me! Love this idea.

muriel said...

Oooh, what a great idea! It is such a beautiful work of art and so clever.

Unknown said...

Wauw! Have to lift this idea. So cool.

janeine said...

The ladder looks so cool.
I can't help but see that there's so much white in your living room.
How does it stay white when you've got a toddler at home.

We live in a rented apartment now and our toddler has already crayon painted the walls orange with a little bit of ball point pen - blue.

Anonymous said...

Yesss! This is awesome, i love it. Practical, cheap and great lookin. Think I'm gonna do it.

Elena

studioGypsy said...

just the coolest!! have to try myself... now to find some long branches.. :) xooxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails